Resort suggestions...

Old April 30th 04, 12:28 PM
Deuchars

Default Resort suggestions...

You'll probably be more confused than ever after these messages, but the
good news is you really will have a great time where ever you go!

January, the best time for skiing in many ways, quiet, cheap and good

snow.

There's been some good advice about the pros and cons of a TO versus
self booking but something no one knows or has mentioned is that January
will be low season, this is the time the local tourist offices will be
running promotions typically called white weeks. You can expect package
prices for accommodation and lift pass and sometimes some instruction.

Ian

Cheers all for the info! Still waiting for the travel agent to get back to
me but I've got plenty to go on now.

Much appreciated,

Andy

Old May 12th 04, 04:10 AM
Duncan Loxton

You can try www.morzine-chalets.co.uk

Morzine Avoriaz is a great place, and its massive, so you can bet there will
be siing for everyone.

"Deuchars" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to arrange a group skiing holiday (for 6-10 people) for Jan

2005
to somewhere in Europe and am looking for some pointers as to where to go
etc.

a) Have I come to the right place?
b) Are there any good forums for this sort of stuff?

I've been skiing a few times - I'm no expert but am totally addicted to

it.
Managed to drag my wife to Mayerhofen a year or so ago and it was

fantastic.
Everyone else in the group has never been before and I've been raving on
about how good a group holiday would be for years, so don't want to let

them
down.

Looking for somewhere along the lines of Mayerhofen, possibly in France /
Switzerland / Bulgaria. Nothing too expensive (looking £500-600 each for
everything, apart from spending money).

We're all aged 25-35 if that's of any help?

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Andy

Old May 12th 04, 10:33 AM
Adrian D. Shaw

Yn erthygl , sgrifennodd
Duncan Loxton :
You can try www.morzine-chalets.co.uk

Morzine Avoriaz is a great place, and its massive, so you can bet there will
be siing for everyone.

Do you reckon it's snowsure enough there? My ski books say the Portes du
Soleil resorts aren't particularly good for snow. I remember going there
in March 1993 & the snow was melting rapidly. Avoriaz was the one area
with decent snow that we could get to (at great additional expense from
our accommodation).

Mind you apart from the ugliness of Avoriaz itself I enjoyed the skiing there.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.