Alta fan with new respect for Deer Valley

Old March 27th 05, 12:40 AM

Default Alta fan with new respect for Deer Valley

I just got back from an eight day ski trip to Utah. While I spend most
of my of time in JH and Utah most of my Utah skiing has been
Alta/Snowbird. My long time ski buddy had a ski-in ski-out condo at
Deer Valley and invited me to join his party which I quickly agreed to.
I last skied DV about 5 years ago and even then probably only skied it
maybe 5 times. This last week had lots of snow and I did get over to
Alta four times for the big dumps. Even getting Mineral Basin right
after it was opened after several days.

But yesterday at DV my 13 year old son and I had one of the best days
ever skiing the trees at DV. Almost nobody was in the trees and we got
very little tracked powder late in the day. Maybe nobody with expensive
suits (clearly not me) wants to bang the branches or whatever but I
found yesterday's skiing as good as I have ever had. I can't compare to
Alta the same day since I wasn't there but the snow was definitly dryer
Friday vs Thursday.

The good thing is I will be back in two weeks.

Fred

Old March 27th 05, 02:47 AM
pigo

Nice report.

Please remember when you tell people how good DV can be and they
don't believe you, just admit that *they* are right ;-)

Look me up when you get here if it snows and you want some one to ski
Alta with. I think we have until the 17th.

pigo

oups.com...

Old March 27th 05, 06:28 PM

pigo wrote:
Nice report.

Please remember when you tell people how good DV can be and they
don't believe you, just admit that *they* are right ;-)

I understand!

Look me up when you get here if it snows and you want some one to ski

Alta with. I think we have until the 17th.

I will be at Iron Blossam unit 919 from April 9-16. You can contact me
there or drop an e-mail.

Fred

What's new at Alta Walt Alpine Skiing 41 October 6th 04 04:20 AM
** ski shop to avoid: Helm of Sun Valley in San Jose, CA ** Vince Fuller Alpine Skiing 10 April 17th 04 10:05 PM
Galena Lodge/Sun Valley trip report gr Nordic Skiing 2 April 5th 04 01:57 PM
cee-2's big BIG week in Sun Valley Chris Cline Nordic Skiing 1 January 21st 04 12:29 PM