garage graphics is back (RSN Logo)

Old October 27th 04, 03:57 AM
Mark Graves

Default garage graphics is back (RSN Logo)

Hello to all,
Garage graphics is back. I started doodlin again.

I think I am going zero in on one of these ideas, and try to hone &
polish it. I thought someone in Upper Management, errr, upper michigan
;-))), was going to decide on a jersey manufacturer for me, because
ultimately, the design has to be fitted to the jersey pattern pieces,
where the seams fall, etc., and color choices available, usually come
from the jersey company.
It's always the same, management never does anything except flap their
jaws. ;-)
"Absolutely! This code is tight! Not one bug! but we're giving away a
free speed enhancement patch tomorrow",
"Yep, guaranteed all stainless steel", "Well then, why is it sticking to
my magnet?" Oh really? this the first time I've ever heard of that."
Suuuure. Lies. HA! ;-))
Production always has to make the senior executive level decisions.
I'm working between trying to do what I really like, which would be fine
Finnish/Swedish design, BMW Studio design, & that which is popular, like
fax/scanner, punk/grunge design. I'm not sure a 30k classic skier in
black tights, sublimated with screaming skulls, daggers through hearts,
crucifixes, Goth text, etc. would look right? Or would it? That's sorta
the way it feels when you hit the wall at 20k going up a steep incline,
& about 6 World Cuppers start running up the tails of your skis! HA! ;-)
Ok, anyway, if you're in the mood to look & see what I'm hammering &
sawing around with, use the link below. Please, be a Neue Yourke Times
Art Critic if you want. It's all good info for me.
Later,
Mark

http://www.wavelation.com/teststage/rsn_example2.html

Old October 27th 04, 04:29 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 03:57:24 GMT, Mark Graves
wrote:

http://www.wavelation.com/teststage/rsn_example2.html

Cool. but I think you should start simpler. Put some of your stuff on
a nice hat, one size fits all. I'd buy one. If it was a quality
piece, I'd buy three.

http://www.louisgarneau.com/eng/cata...yle_no=5E14156

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old October 27th 04, 04:45 AM
Mark Graves

.. . .good suggestion. I will read through their instructions & see what
I can learn.
Mais, monsieur JT, quelle couleur? ;-)
Thanks!
Mark

#3 as a vest, please!!!

Marsh
Old October 29th 04, 12:57 AM
Jeff Potter

The snowflake design is super.

I still lean away from black. Maybe make the black into red. The new yellow is cool.

Good job!

Now how to merge it into a full ski top. The bike jersey angle is cool, too.

I really like all the blue/white curves elements.

Vest idea fine, too.

Onward! JP
Old October 29th 04, 03:42 AM
Mark Graves

.. . .I haven't given up! I'm trying to fine tune things, & give choices.
Yes, choices. Lots of choices, an equal multiplicity of voices. I was
born & raised in California. I'm an American citizen. I simply don't
understand it can be any other way than that! :-) HA!
I haven't been able to thread the needle yet, but I've been checking out
what some of the garment companies offer in the way of one-off's. The
patterns they give you to use, are not really clothing patterns. Really
no dimensions or anything, they are sort of just a crude template.
Everybody gives you a one size template. No information about whether
they scale up & scale down the design for XS-XXL sizes. Typical. I'm
shaping/wrestling around with the type, to get it to look better, & have
one soft curvy style & one retro-tech digital style.
later,
Mark

Old October 29th 04, 11:25 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:42:03 GMT, Mark Graves
wrote:

Everybody gives you a one size template. No information about whether
they scale up & scale down the design for XS-XXL sizes.

They don't. You've got to pick a design that works at all sizes.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com