Skier Maier to lead out Tour de France

Old July 2nd 03, 04:20 AM
Carl Sundquist

Default Skier Maier to lead out Tour de France

"scottabe" wrote in message

Not likely. The guys on rbr aren't as sick as the assholes on rsa. No
decent person hangs out here anymore.

Has anyone posted anything on rsa about a skier getting killed wearing a
thong?

Old July 2nd 03, 04:24 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

"Stewart Fleming" wrote in message

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

I got on my knees and genuflected after reading that.

Practising for heather already are you?

Heather is practicing for me.

Old July 2nd 03, 04:31 AM
The Real Bev

Bob Lee wrote:

Fred Marx wrote:

god there's nothing worse than skiiers in july...

Oh, I dunno - cyclists in winter are no treat. You rbr guys seem like
you're kind of fun though, I hope you'll hang around rsa for a while.

Only if they explain what bukkake is. In context, it seems like it must
be of interest to at least some of the rsa membership. Or not. Still,
knowledge is power.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old July 2nd 03, 04:37 AM
The Real Bev

Kyle Legate wrote:

Poachise wrote:
I'd posit that perhaps you bicycle racing boys should be debating
whether there is a hyphen in "anal-retentive".

What's to debate? There's no hyphen in anal retentive.

As you typed it, there is none. When used as a compound adjective (as in
"anal-retentive jerk"), however, a hyphen is necessary.

--
Cheers, Bev
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
Old July 2nd 03, 05:12 AM
Poachise

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

"scottabe" wrote in message

Not likely. The guys on rbr aren't as sick as the assholes on

rsa. No
decent person hangs out here anymore.

Has anyone posted anything on rsa about a skier getting killed

wearing a
thong?

Not yet, but let me lisp you a butchered Carpenter's song.

Thki.
in a thong.
thow your buttcheeks
but not your konky dong!
Don't worry that it's damn cold enough
to get frostbite on your rear.
jutht ski
in a thong.

La-La La-la-la-la la-AAARGH!thud

Sorry for the above, we have just terminiated our writing -ed.

Old July 2nd 03, 05:31 AM
Poachise

"Kyle Legate" wrote in message
s.com...
Poachise wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote

Top poster "Aaron Daniel" wrote in

message
. com...
I don't see that information being put forth. If you have
information to counter what I've put forth please do.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since your understanding

in
this area is stretched thin how would you know?

Oh dear. Perhaps you were unaware that this is usenet and your
silly, made-up credentials don't mean anything here.

True, but serious for-real credentials lend credence to an educated

man's
arguement.

In an educational context. This is usenet and we have no way
of knowing if a person is who they say they are, even if they
give us verifiable credentials. This is a medium of text and
the only meaning you have is what can be inferred from the text
you write.

My best freind is a walrus named Betty.

FWIW, contributors to this thread have included: 1) a
widely-published PhD in exercise physiology who specializes in

time
trials, has studied elite cyclists and their performances, and

is
probably working on what will be *the* book on cycling power;

Why should we believe a PhD? They are frequently dead wrong, you
know.

Not when they address well researched topics within their chosen

field, and
certainly not when compared with the unwashed masses who try to wax
intelligent on topics they know nothing about.

I have it on good authority that Aaron bathes regularly, and
after reading his explanation I think it's abudantly clear that
he knows enough about what he's talking about to offend the more
persnickety rbr-ers with whatever minor inaccuracies he has in
his less-than-perfect knowledge.

Were that they were social adept enough to recognize that.

3) a guy who's been in about
600 races. (There are others in this thread whose experiences

are
considerable -- it's just that I don't know their bona fides off

the
top of my head).

I'm sorry that you all have such boring taste in sports. But
doing the same thing over and over again doesn't make you an
expert, it just makes you a dull, uninteresting child.

Like pointing skiis down a mountain and heading for the bottom?

There's
nothing more to alpine skiing than that. Exciting? Sure, but if

you've seen
one you've seen them all..

Not so. Bicycling is a calisthentic. Like a pushup. It's simply
a means to measure and/or improve your physical conditioning so
that you can do something skill oriented like skiing or hockey.

Herman Maier, in addition to being an incredibly skillful skier,
is a very well conditioned athlete, and thus we could expect him
to only get his butt mildly whipped by elite cyclists, as opposed
to myself, who would be used as a moving chicane. However Maier's
"strength" is his raw strength, which used in a skiing context
means being able to bear a very large static load and move in an
agile manner under it. e.g. like carrying a ton of bricks across
an ice rink. I don't think this strength is in any way related to
cycling.

If you think that good and accurate information hasn't been put
forth in this thread, then I'd suggest you reconsider.

I'd posit that perhaps you bicycle racing boys should be debating
whether there is a hyphen in "anal-retentive".

What's to debate? There's no hyphen in anal retentive.

I'll leave this one to Bev. she's way more anal than I am.

Old July 2nd 03, 06:04 AM
Stewart Fleming

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

I got on my knees and genuflected after reading that.

Practising for heather already are you?

Heather is practicing for me.

She strikes me more an 's' gal than a 'c'.

Old July 2nd 03, 07:24 AM
Robert Chung

"Aaron Daniel" wrote in message
. com...

[long explanation of background snipped]

Perhaps you should have quit a tiny bit earlier.

Old July 2nd 03, 01:43 PM
Top Sirloin

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:58:27 GMT, "Andy Coggan" wrote:

And there's the problem: from a physiological perspective, a prologue takes
much, much longer than "a short period of time".

Word.

I'd been training as a powerlifter for a couple of years before falling back
into cycling, and even though I wasn't in "bad" cardiovascular shape when I
started training again, my endurance sucks, sucks, sucks. Oh well.

So Maier didn't need any help getting in? :-)

I don't expect that Maier will do "really well" in the prologue, just that
he won't embarrass himself and might even beat some of the lesser riders who
are just going through the motions. (Besides, he's not really in the TdF,
more just riding in front of it...pay some of the tour companies out there a
few quid, and you too can have that honor.)

Come on Andy, I was trying to bait the ski dudes!

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are