Family Ski vs Ski Esprit

Old October 3rd 05, 04:45 PM
haveitall

Default Family Ski vs Ski Esprit

I'm looking to book a holiday with either Ski Esprit or 'Family Ski' to
Le Plagne. Family Ski seem very helpful but I hear Ski Esprits
Childcare is superb. Does anyone have any experience of 'Family Ski
Company?

Old October 4th 05, 08:06 AM

haveitall wrote:
I'm looking to book a holiday with either Ski Esprit or 'Family Ski' to
Le Plagne. Family Ski seem very helpful but I hear Ski Esprits
Childcare is superb. Does anyone have any experience of 'Family Ski
Company?

I went with Ski Esprit to Chamonix in January and was personally very
satisfied with the childcare for our (then) 16 month old daughter. I
say *personally* as other members of my group were not so impressed.
This was mainly to do with the company's policy that if a child is ill
(ie vomiting) on any given day then that child cannot be cared for by
the company's creche the following day. In this case however, my
sister's daughter (14 months old) was ill on this particular day
because she had over-eaten (something many infants do when they have
not discovered how much food is 'enough'). Despite protests the company
(rightfully perhaps due to their policy) refused our case and my sister
lost out on a day's skiing. Her four-year-old son was also ill later in
the week and she lost another day's skiing because the company could
not look after him. On the day's he did ski and played outside with the
group he obviously enjoyed it (despite the minus 10c weather) and they
managed to get him up on skis for the first time.

The previous year we skiied with Ski Cuisine in Meribel with dedicated
nannies because of the young ages of our children. My sister has booked
with this company again because of the dedicated nanny option - she
doesn't want to lose out on any days skiing again because of some
company policy - understandable when you only ski for 6 days every
year!

With all the above in mind I, too, would probably go for a dedicated
nanny. It costs a bit more than, say, a week in a creche at Ski Esprit,
but at least you can go away in the knowledge that if your child is
only mildly ill while on holiday, it is your decision whether to leave
them with the nanny, rather than the "one size fits all" policy of a
company.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Old October 4th 05, 05:48 PM
mike

"haveitall" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking to book a holiday with either Ski Esprit or 'Family Ski' to
Le Plagne. Family Ski seem very helpful but I hear Ski Esprits
Childcare is superb.

Going back a bit now, but our experience was Ski Esprit was good for the
kids but lousy for the parents...
Why not try Mark Warner, we reckon the're pretty good for kids and
parents...in our experience.
mike

Old October 5th 05, 09:39 PM
PSmith

Can't help with your question.

I have however, used the Kinderparadies kindergarten in Zermatt on several
occassions: for my daughter age 1, 2 and 3. She loved it. We liked the care
and attitude of the staff.

http://www.kinderparadies-zermatt.ch/

regards
Pal Smith