"Let me entertain you!"

Old November 15th 03, 07:21 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Default "Let me entertain you!"

Just seems to be the essence of so many of the threads in this particular
newsgroup. It makes funny and entertaining reading, but it surely makes me
wonder, if there really is a future in any of this here. It certainly
confirms and strenghtens a lot of European prejudice against short-tempered,
trigger-happy Murricans, a lot of loose cannons with extremely short fuses,
filled with road rage, trail rage, track rage, slope rage, race rage, muslim
rage, and any other imaginable kind of rage. Maybe you should just introduce
mandatory doping control on your slopes? There seems to be too much anabolic
steroids, strange substances and handguns floating around in your ski areas,
particularly dangerous in combination with each other. "Where have all the
flowers gone?" Any ski-by shooting in your slopes lately?

Old November 15th 03, 09:50 PM
Sue

In message , Inger Skramstad
Jørstad writes

flowers gone?" Any ski-by shooting in your slopes lately?

Have you thought of training a fixed rifle on a chairlift and just
waiting for your victim to roll into position? Maybe with an accomplice
on a mobile phone at the bottom to tell you which seat the victim's in.

If I was "M" I'd definitely have it done that way.
--
Sue ];(
Old November 15th 03, 10:19 PM
Marty

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote in message

Snip...

There seems to be too much anabolic
steroids, strange substances and handguns floating around in your ski

areas,
particularly dangerous in combination with each other.

Huh? Did I miss something? I would agree on the "strange substances", not
sure about the handguns, and I've not heard of any American ski racer being
busted for steroid usage. Now baseball, track, and American football
players - yea.
--
Marty

Old November 15th 03, 11:43 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Marty" skrev i melding
"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote in message
There seems to be too much anabolic
steroids, strange substances and handguns floating around in your ski

areas, particularly dangerous in combination with each other.

Huh? Did I miss something? I would agree on the "strange substances",

not
sure about the handguns, and I've not heard of any American ski racer

being
busted for steroid usage. Now baseball, track, and American football
players - yea.

No, I did not mean any racers. I was referring to the "general public", who
many of them must be really high on a lot of mystic substances, seing things
(hallusinating) and getting increasingly paranoid. It surely seems so to me,
when I read some of the postings here, written by several different persons.
No one mentioned, no one forgotten, is a very wise saying here, and I will
absolutely stick to that. Whoever the shoe fits.................. It seems
to me that you absolutely do not necessarily have to be a snowboarder to
lose a few of your marbles. "Their attics are vacant", we say about such
persons here, or "Their books are unbalanced". And a lot of other things,
too, like "There is no furniture on the top floor", or just simply, "There
is nobody home in their penthouse apartment".

Old November 16th 03, 03:45 AM
Marty

[...]

Got it, thanks. And "There is no furniture on the top floor" - I like that
one.
--
Marty

Old November 16th 03, 06:14 AM
The Real Bev

Sue wrote:

In message , Inger Skramstad
Jørstad writes

flowers gone?" Any ski-by shooting in your slopes lately?

Have you thought of training a fixed rifle on a chairlift and just
waiting for your victim to roll into position? Maybe with an accomplice
on a mobile phone at the bottom to tell you which seat the victim's in.

If I was "M" I'd definitely have it done that way.

Dame Judi would never do anything so crude. Maybe a sharpshooter a mile
away, but they're hard to find nowadays.

Actually, I've only had two contacts with violent crime. The first was
in Georgetown/DC. We were walking to the ice cream store and passed an
alley where a guy was sitting against the wall with a knife stuck in his
arm. We asked "Can we help?" but the guy made a "go away" gesture so we
did. Rum raisin, if anybody cares. The second time was when I read in
the paper the next day about a gang member who was stabbed about 1/5
mile from my house and managed to crawl a few blocks (away from my
house, not toward) before bleeding to death.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old November 16th 03, 03:28 PM
Doug Taylor

[...]

Here is an interesting post from rec.skiing.nordic: