Colorado snowfall so far this year

Old February 2nd 15, 03:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Colorado snowfall so far this year

Anyone know if the snowfall so far this year is "normal" in Summit County, CO?
Old February 2nd 15, 03:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 07:37:33 -0800 (PST), "
wrote this crap:

Anyone know if the snowfall so far this year is "normal" in Summit County, CO?

I know I just got done plowing 16" of global warming off my driveway.
Halfway through I had to refill the gas tank on my snowblower. I've
never used up an entire tank of gas in one day before. And I only did
half the driveway.

All seriousness aside. Try checking on www.weather.com

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old February 3rd 15, 01:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 7:37:34 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Anyone know if the snowfall so far this year is "normal" in Summit County, CO?

from a water/snowpack point of view -

http://graphs.water-data.com/ucsnowpack/

California snow is way below average, continuing the drought -

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/snow/PLOT_SWC

The expected El Nino patter has meant a lot of storms for the 2 BCs (Baja California and British Columbia) but darned little where it counts.
Old February 3rd 15, 04:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

wrote:
Anyone know if the snowfall so far this year is "normal" in Summit
County, CO?

from a water/snowpack point of view -

http://graphs.water-data.com/ucsnowpack/

California snow is way below average, continuing the drought -

I don't remember it ever being "average" or "above average" here.
Granted, I was an English major, but it still seems like something is
wrong here.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/snow/PLOT_SWC

The expected El Nino patter has meant a lot of storms for the 2 BCs
(Baja California and British Columbia) but darned little where it
counts.

Too slushy too early to spend the time/gas (even at today's prices) for
a couple of hours. I've gone 5 times this season. One excellent, two
miserable, one sucky and two meh.

--
Cheers. Bev
It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament
Old February 3rd 15, 06:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote:
[...]

A couple of years back, Mammoth had enough snow that they were open until July 4. The year after that, Big Bear had a better snow year than Mammoth.
Old February 3rd 15, 03:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 8:37:34 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Anyone know if the snowfall so far this year is "normal" in Summit County, CO?

SNOTEL gives a better report than that water data link Richard Henry gave for the Upper Colorado Basin which isn't technically Summit County. You want the Upper Blue River Basin.

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snow/

Copper Mtn is 123% snow water equivalent right now while Freemont Pass just over the ridge from Breck is 129% and Loveland Basin is 99%. Overall, nothing to write home about.
Old February 3rd 15, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 2/2/15 8:33 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I've gone 5 times this season. One excellent, two miserable, one sucky
and two meh.

(That's six...)

I've got about 15 days, not very interesting days; not enough natural to
support off-piste. But snow-making has kept the groomers open with good
coverage top to bottom and skiing is there.

It's interesting that the rank and file, who only ski the groomers
anyway, are the ones claiming hysterically NO SNOW while the rest of us
practice our carves and slalom turns while awaiting the dissipation of
the off-shore high.
Old February 3rd 15, 05:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 7:49:26 AM UTC-8, lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/2/15 8:33 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I've gone 5 times this season. One excellent, two miserable, one sucky
and two meh.

(That's six...)

I've got about 15 days, not very interesting days; not enough natural to
support off-piste. But snow-making has kept the groomers open with good
coverage top to bottom and skiing is there.

It's interesting that the rank and file, who only ski the groomers
anyway, are the ones claiming hysterically NO SNOW while the rest of us
practice our carves and slalom turns while awaiting the dissipation of
the off-shore high.

I went ZERO days last season due to a coincidence of negative factors and I have had zero temptation to go so far this season. That was after a three-year stretch that was the best and busiest three years of my skiing life.

As for the off-shore high - usually this time of year the west coast gets hit by storms that originate in the Gulf of Alaska and sweep northwest to southeast. This year the G of A storms just seem to be spinning in place while the weather comes up from the southwest, heading generally northeast. What with the drought and the local watering restrictions, I am watching a good deal of my yard change over from forced tropical to its natural dry brush state.
Old February 3rd 15, 09:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

wrote:
Anyone know if the snowfall so far this year is "normal" in Summit
County, CO?

from a water/snowpack point of view -

http://graphs.water-data.com/ucsnowpack/

California snow is way below average, continuing the drought -

I don't remember it ever being "average" or "above average" here.
Granted, I was an English major, but it still seems like something is
wrong here.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/snow/PLOT_SWC

The expected El Nino patter has meant a lot of storms for the 2 BCs
(Baja California and British Columbia) but darned little where it
counts.

Too slushy too early to spend the time/gas (even at today's prices) for
a couple of hours. I've gone 5 times this season. One excellent, two
miserable, one sucky and two meh.

Proof that I was an English major. Delete one "sucky".

--
Cheers, Bev
"If God had wanted us to use the metric system,
Old February 4th 15, 01:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 03 Feb 2015 13:47:28 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

--
Cheers, Bev
"If God had wanted us to use the metric system,
Jesus would have had 10 apostles."
- Jesse Helms

If Jesus was a math major he would have had 8 apostles or 16.