Anyone w/ experience in knee surgery recovery ?

Old March 27th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

Default Anyone w/ experience in knee surgery recovery ?

#!@$%#$^ Im only 28. This is gonna suck.

Old March 27th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
TexasSkiNut

On Mar 26, 7:50 pm, "Yabahoobs" wrote:
#!@$%#$^ Im only 28. This is gonna suck.

Yup. ACL reconstruction (hamstring autograft) in April 1999 at the
age of 34. Skied the following January after a long but successful
rehab. Resumed playing volleyball a little under six months after
surgery. Knne works just fine now.

Old March 27th 07, 02:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

I liked it better when I was young and invincible.

Old March 27th 07, 07:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Yabahoobs wrote:
#!@$%#$^ Im only 28. This is gonna suck.

I had my knee scraped and about a third of the crumbling meniscus
removed last year. It's still a little sore, but not getting the pains I
had before surgery. I skied earlier this month for the first time since
the op and it was fine - the only problem was at the bottom of the hill
("where the skiing's always best" c/o Scat Bobaboob) late afternoon
where the snow was wet and heavy and slowed you down and put pressure on
the knees. The "good" one hurt too though.

BTW, I didn't START skiing until I was 28, but have now skied for more
than half my life
Old March 27th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
SkiFastBadly

"BrritSki" wrote in message
Yabahoobs wrote:
#!@$%#$^ Im only 28. This is gonna suck.

I had my knee scraped and about a third of the crumbling meniscus removed
last year. It's still a little sore, but not getting the pains I had
before surgery. I skied earlier this month for the first time since the op
and it was fine - the only problem was at the bottom of the hill ("where
the skiing's always best" c/o Scat Bobaboob) late afternoon where the snow
was wet and heavy and slowed you down and put pressure on the knees. The
"good" one hurt too though.

BTW, I didn't START skiing until I was 28, but have now skied for more
than half my life

I didn't start skiing until I turned 45, when a career move put me in Park
City. I wish I had started earlier. I'm not going anymore this year, it's
all the consistency of wet concrete, and I like my knees symmetric.

Old March 27th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article .com,
Yabahoobs wrote:
#!@$%#$^ Im only 28. This is gonna suck.

Looks like Karma to me. Try being a nicer person...
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old March 27th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Mar 27, 2:34 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article .com,

Yabahoobs wrote:
#!@$%#$^ Im only 28. This is gonna suck.

Looks like Karma to me. Try being a nicer person...

LoL...It was a reaggrevation of an injury that I got in 2000. It was
bound to happen eventually. I would listen to your advise...if I (or
anyone) actually respected you.

Old March 27th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article . com,
Yabahoobs wrote:

LoL...It was a reaggrevation of an injury that I got in 2000. It was
bound to happen eventually. I would listen to your advise...if I (or
anyone) actually respected you.

A lot of people respect me. Your generalization is dishonest. Now
try being a nicer person. ACL's are optional. BTW- there is a $5 fine
for whinning. Get over yourself.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old March 27th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Mar 27, 2:52 pm, (Jeff Davis) wrote:
In article . com,

Yabahoobs wrote:

LoL...It was a reaggrevation of an injury that I got in 2000. It was
bound to happen eventually. I would listen to your advise...if I (or
anyone) actually respected you.

A lot of people respect me. Your generalization is dishonest. Now
try being a nicer person. ACL's are optional. BTW- there is a $5 fine
for whinning. Get over yourself.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA pathetic.

Old March 27th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Jeff Davis wrote:
Yabahoobs wrote:

#!@$%#$^ Im only 28. This is gonna suck.

Looks like Karma to me. Try being a nicer person...

You're showing some real class there Jeff. Real class.

//Walt