Mammoth/June trip

Old January 29th 12, 12:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Mammoth/June trip

The skis are tuned up, and the truck is packed, except for the cooler
in the morning. My plans are drive up Sunday, stay at the Econolodge
(cheapest place in town except Motel 6), Monday and Tuesday at
Mammoth, and Wednesday at June. I haven't decided yet whether to
drive back Wednesday night or spend the night in Bishop on my hotel
points and drive back Thursday.
Old January 29th 12, 12:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jan 28, 5:15*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
The skis are tuned up, and the truck is packed, except for the cooler
in the morning. *My plans are drive up Sunday, stay at the Econolodge
(cheapest place in town except Motel 6), Monday and Tuesday at
Mammoth, and Wednesday at June. *I haven't decided yet whether to
drive back Wednesday night or spend the night in Bishop on my hotel
points and drive back Thursday.

Who cares? You're a pathetic psychopathic asshole. Why bother to try
to keep a sick newsgroup alive with your blather?
Make it interesting.
Contact info?
FORM EMAIL!!!!!!
Old January 31st 12, 04:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jan 28, 5:15*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
The skis are tuned up, and the truck is packed, except for the cooler
in the morning. *My plans are drive up Sunday, stay at the Econolodge
(cheapest place in town except Motel 6), Monday and Tuesday at
Mammoth, and Wednesday at June. *I haven't decided yet whether to
drive back Wednesday night or spend the night in Bishop on my hotel
points and drive back Thursday.

Today started overcast with episodes of flat light that made me
apprehensive, but the sun broke into the clear by 10 AM. I
concentrated on high-speed lifts today, running all over the mountain
by noon. There was a light breeze, with some gusts just to remind me
what it can be like on a bad day up on the ridges.

Coverage was good on the trails but thin in the woods and ungroomed
slopes. The groomed surface was excellent everywhere except for a few
melted-out patches on the south-facing slopes near Chair 9.

I took the fall of the year traversing back from 9 to the face below
5. I tried to slow down at the trail merge, but apparently many
others had tried the sme thing there - it was rock hard ice. Instead
of slowing, I was thrown out into the trail where my skis impacted
another ice patch, confirming the functions of the left toe and right
heel releases. The fall even unbuckled one of my boots.

The lodges all have open wifi, so I was able to catch up on my email
with the kindle in my backpack.

Except for a short soup break about 2 PM,I just ran all day until
about 3:45 when I noticed the shuttle bus was loading right below
Chair 1 just as I came to the bottom, so I bailed out. I lost track
of lift rides somewhere around 35.

A couple of notes: the web page for the shuttle service says it runs
every 30 minutes Monday and Tuesday, but it is really every 15
minutes. Maybe they bumped up the service now that there is some good
snow. Also, those not staying near a shuttle bus stop (there is one
at the foot of the driveway of this hotel) can park across the street
from The Village development right next to the bus stop there.
Old January 31st 12, 05:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 30, 9:51*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jan 28, 5:15*pm, Richard Henry wrote:

The skis are tuned up, and the truck is packed, except for the cooler
in the morning. *My plans are drive up Sunday, stay at the Econolodge
(cheapest place in town except Motel 6), Monday and Tuesday at
Mammoth, and Wednesday at June. *I haven't decided yet whether to
drive back Wednesday night or spend the night in Bishop on my hotel
points and drive back Thursday.

Today started overcast with episodes of flat light that made me
apprehensive, but the sun broke into the clear by 10 AM.

I started my day howling with laughter at your latest ridiculous and
laughable attempt to intimidate me into silence about your stalking.
How hilarious! Want to tell me again how I harass you?
Oooops, forgot. EMERGENCY SOCCER GAME!!!!
Go whine to the cops some more, pussy.

The lodges all have open wifi, so I was able to catch up on my email
with the kindle in my backpack.

GREAT!!!!! No excuse tomorrow for not giving the contact info for the
SPD officer you claimed was going to investigate, charge, arrest, and
jail me for calling you a stalking, lying, disgusting coward, freak.
Contact info?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Two ****ing years, and not a peep. How humiliating for you.
Old January 31st 12, 01:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:51:23 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

The lodges all have open wifi, so I was able to catch up on my email
with the kindle in my backpack.

You wear a backpack? I see kids wearing those things. What can be so
important that you have to carry it in a backpack and have it strapped
to your back 24 hours a day. Unless you need to carry beer and ice
and golf clubs, there's no point. You can carry your rum flask and
guns in an inside pocket. Are you carrying spare batteries for your
kindle?

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old January 31st 12, 03:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

The lodges all have open wifi, so I was able to catch up on my email
with the kindle in my backpack.

You wear a backpack? *I see kids wearing those things. *What can be so
important that you have to carry it in a backpack and have it strapped
to your back 24 hours a day. *Unless you need to carry beer and ice
and golf clubs, there's no point. *You can carry your rum flask and
guns in an inside pocket. *Are you carrying spare batteries for your
kindle?

It's a diaper bag. I'm sure you have one too.
Old February 1st 12, 02:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Jan 31, 2012

Again a perfect day - bright sun, no wind to speak of, no lift lines,
grooming caught up with most of the wear from yesterday.

I spent the day checking off the older fixed-grip lifts I didn't hit
Monday -- 8, 12, 13, 14, 22, 23, 25 -- and writing down in my pocket
notebook the elevation and vertical rise numbers written on the
lifts. On some lifts I could get all three (base, top, and vertical
rise) but they were in the minority.

I was walking through the lift line when they started loading Chair 1,
so I got the third revenue chair of the morning, and continued until
to about 3, when (like yesterday) I saw a shuttle bus loading when I
got to the bottom of Chair 1 and opted for the lazy choice.

Old February 1st 12, 02:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Feb 1, 8:14*am, Richard Henry wrote:

I was walking through the lift line when they started loading Chair 1,
so I got the third revenue chair of the morning, and continued until
to about 3, when (like yesterday) I saw a shuttle bus loading when I
got to the bottom of Chair 1 and opted for the lazy choice.

Sounds like you are having a nice trip. It's been a long time since
I've been to Mammoth. Snowboards were just starting to appear and
still a waste of time. I couldn't imagine going there now. Great
mountain though.
Old February 1st 12, 02:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Feb 1, 7:24*am, pigo wrote:
On Feb 1, 8:14*am, Richard Henry wrote:

I was walking through the lift line when they started loading Chair 1,
so I got the third revenue chair of the morning, and continued until
to about 3, when (like yesterday) I saw a shuttle bus loading when I
got to the bottom of Chair 1 and opted for the lazy choice.

Sounds like you are having a nice trip. It's been a long time since
I've been to Mammoth. Snowboards were just starting to appear and
still a waste of time. I couldn't imagine going there now. Great
mountain though.

Most of the snowboards are off in the obstacle parks, but you still
see them on the regular trails -- I saw a couple of them butt-sliding
down most of the Cornice yesterday. There are a few really
accomplished boarders who tackle slopes like that faster, with better
style and more confidence that I do.
Old February 1st 12, 02:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Feb 1, 7:14*am, Richard Henry wrote:
Jan 31, 2012

Again a perfect day - bright sun, no wind to speak of, no lift lines,
grooming caught up with most of the wear from yesterday.

I spent the day checking off the older fixed-grip lifts I didn't hit
Monday -- 8, 12, 13, 14, 22, 23, 25 -- and writing down in my pocket
notebook the elevation and vertical rise numbers written on the
lifts. *On some lifts I could get all three (base, top, and vertical
rise) but they were in the minority.

I was walking through the lift line when they started loading Chair 1,
so I got the third revenue chair of the morning, and continued until
to about 3, when (like yesterday) I saw a shuttle bus loading when I
got to the bottom of Chair 1 and opted for the lazy choice.

It's windy and cold this morning. I am heading over to June, then
driving home with sleep stops in the desert tonight.