after wax cleaning

Old March 13th 06, 05:59 PM

Default after wax cleaning

hello more experienced,

I just did my first snowboard waxing, read about gazillion articles about it
before, everything went just fine, but in the end I can't clean the damn
thing. On a bottom side after brushing I still have some powder leftovers,
how or with what to clean the base? Also since I could not find grip (it's
first on my shopping list) I got some scraped wax on top of board and it's
not looking nice, any advice how to finish/clean the board to look as good
as it will ride?

thnx in advance,

d'amir

--
____________________________

Old March 13th 06, 06:27 PM

Uh....
You only wax the BOTTOM of the board, right?
Citris cleaner works great, just pour some onto a cloth, wipe off the
bottom of the board, then get ready to wax.
Drip wax onto bottom of board, iron out but don't get the deck of the
board warm...that's too much ironing.
Plastic scrape the wax off.
Scourer brush smooth.
Go snowboarding...

Old March 13th 06, 06:47 PM

Uh....
You only wax the BOTTOM of the board, right?
Citris cleaner works great, just pour some onto a cloth, wipe off the
bottom of the board, then get ready to wax.
Drip wax onto bottom of board, iron out but don't get the deck of the
board warm...that's too much ironing.
Plastic scrape the wax off.
Scourer brush smooth.
Go snowboarding...

oompaah pah!

no I did not dip the board in wax!!! I had to support board on two boxes,
and first I did hot wax cleaning, it must be that some wax shavings went
between box and board so now it's pain to get it of from a top side.

d'

Old March 13th 06, 07:39 PM

wanguard wrote:

no I did not dip the board in wax!!! I had to support board on two boxes,
and first I did hot wax cleaning, it must be that some wax shavings went
between box and board so now it's pain to get it of from a top side.

A Shopvac is your friend.

Neil
Old March 13th 06, 07:40 PM

wanguard wrote:
oompaah pah!

no I did not dip the board in wax!!! I had to support board on two boxes,
and first I did hot wax cleaning, it must be that some wax shavings went
between box and board so now it's pain to get it of from a top side.

d'

As the previous post mentioned, a citrus-oil based cleaner will do the
trick. Spray/apply to a paper towel and then wipe down your topsheet -
the wax so dissolve and wipe away relatively easily. Now remember the
citrus cleaner is a solvent, so I would use it sparingly on your board
(i.e. don't pour it straight onto your board in big puddles). Some
people don't like to even clean their bases with it thinking that it
dries out the base. I believe just use it in moderation and you should
be fine.

--Arvin

Old March 13th 06, 09:58 PM

As the previous post mentioned, a citrus-oil based cleaner will do the
trick. Spray/apply to a paper towel and then wipe down your topsheet -
the wax so dissolve and wipe away relatively easily. Now remember the
citrus cleaner is a solvent, so I would use it sparingly on your board
(i.e. don't pour it straight onto your board in big puddles). Some
people don't like to even clean their bases with it thinking that it
dries out the base. I believe just use it in moderation and you should
be fine.

--Arvin

Well that sounds as a solution, but I'm a bit afraid too, since citrus
degreasers are powerful stuff and can be aggressive to plastic, but will
dilute it by spraying on a wet cloth.

Thnx's everybody.

D'amir

Old March 14th 06, 01:41 AM

Hot water hose to melt the wax off the deck. Hooked to your hot
water faucet for your washer.

Old March 15th 06, 09:38 PM

Phuk it dude, so what. It will get knocked off before you even
realize it, all that matters is the bottom. Bust off the excess with
a scraper and then hit it with a scotch pad or whatever they are
called. This will rough up the wax a little and smooth off the base.
Strap in and rip.

Old March 15th 06, 11:06 PM

"redlodge" wrote in message
oups.com...
Phuk it dude, so what. It will get knocked off before you even
realize it, all that matters is the bottom. Bust off the excess with
a scraper and then hit it with a scotch pad or whatever they are
called. This will rough up the wax a little and smooth off the base.
Strap in and rip.

halleluiah snow brother!

d'