rsam reject?

Old November 2nd 03, 11:35 PM
pigo

Default rsam reject?

This post hasn't shown up on rsam so I figure I'll post it here in case
Christopher wants to partake of my knowledge in the area.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Christopher Mooney" wrote in message
I am delurking to start priming myself for my very fist ski trip this
coming Spring Break. Seeing as though I have never been skiing, the
missus, myself, and our four year old will be signing up for the
onsite lessons.

Few things I was wanting to ask a

This is a good place to get some skiing advice without your every post
being stalked by someone that might disagree with you. You might still
want to lurk at rsa as there is still some good ski advice you can pick
up over there.

1. Are there any exercises or practice routines you would suggest to
start now to be "ahead of the game"?

Aerobic **** is good. You'll be breathing hard much of the time.
Stomach is probably the most overlooked thing. Thighs, calves, that's
pretty obvious. Stomach is huge though (mine is :-)

2. When you took your first ski trip, what did you wish you had
done/taken with you that you didn't?

Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

How are you arriving. If you're flying it's harder to take everything.
I wouldn't take anything for the 4yo. Rent what you need for the hour
before the whining starts and save the room for your own stuff.

3. Same as two, but flipped. What did you take/do that you wish you
hadn't?

See first answer to #2

pigo

Old November 5th 03, 04:06 AM
Ed Pauls

pigo wrote:

[...]

Go ice skating. The mucles you use and the balance you pick up will
greatly increase your adaptibility to skiing. Most larger population
centers have ice skating facilities where you can rent equipment,

Good Ol' Ed

Old November 7th 03, 08:01 PM
Sue

In message , Ed Pauls
writes

Go ice skating. The mucles you use and the balance you pick up will
greatly increase your adaptibility to skiing. Most larger population
centers have ice skating facilities where you can rent equipment,

Or rollerblading, if that's easier to arrange.
--
Sue ];(