Rybinsk question for Terje?

Old December 15th 07, 02:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

Default Rybinsk question for Terje?

When I was watching the mass start races at 3am out here in Calif. on NRK I
noticed this weird situation where some skiers were pulling off the course
and getting different skis in an area that looked kind of like the change
zone during the dual technique races. Since today was free-tech only and I
couldn't understand the Norwegian broadcast I still don't know why the FIS
were allowing this. Haven't ever seen this before. Maybe Terje could
translate what ever Torgeir Bjorn said about it?

When the rest of you see the video, check out the fast sweeping left hand
turn on the course. It was really sketch, a lot of people just on the edge
of control. Too bad for Eldar Ronnig, I thought he was the Norwegian that
would battle it out for the finish but he ate it about 2 km from the finish
and dropped completely out of the first 20. He looked completely
demoralized during the last k. Zorzi was pointing to himself and shouting
at the cameraman "I'm back!!" My favorite punk Petter Northug still looks
a little bit out of shape but I guess you'd expect that since he's been out
of action so long.

Old December 15th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I can't find a write up for it now, but I think the FIS announced the
ski exchange option format some time back as one of the experiments
this season in a mass start skate race (min of 30k for men - did the
women use it?). It was also probably in the competitor's announcement
PDF for the event on the FIS site, but that gets taken down once results
are posted. I don't know if there are going to be other occasions than
Rybinsk for it this year.

rm

Old December 15th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Daniel

I remember that in last part of season 2006/2007 in one or two races
(maybe 50k in Oslo?) possibiliy of changing skies was allowed so today
it wasn't for the first time.
Old December 15th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Oskar K

Yes the first time they tried it was in Holmenkollen s 50k last season.
Now they are trying to use it more and more I think.

I'm not sure if it's so helpful in skate races but more in classic.
Then if you have bad wax you can just switch to another pair

/o