Know a cool, diverse outdoor event for OYB?

Old May 16th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)

Default Know a cool, diverse outdoor event for OYB?

I'm trying to figure out what events I should take OYB on the road to
attend and get a booth at. I like outdoor events that showcase bike
boat ski action in a way that puts independent culture up front. Any
ideas? I have an emphasis on the Midwest, to keep travel close to home
but am willing to consider wandering further.

My table would have books, mags, dvds, music, luggage for sale.

I would like to get a display at Canoecopia, for instance. I emailed
them a couple weeks ago, no reply, but they seem like a big, cool, pro
event otherwise.

I've had tables in the past at the Quiet Water Symposium here in my
East Lansing, MI, hometown. A great event!

Thanks, JP
outyourbackdoor.com

Old May 21st 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Hi,

If France is an option ; 2007 is the year of the Paris-Brest-Paris.
1200 kms cycling, held every four years.

Lots of recumbents, apparently.

(By the way, I loooove my recently bought bent bike RANS V2 Formula)

Old May 26th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On May 16, 1:11 pm, "Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)"
wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what events I should take OYB on the road to
attend and get a booth at. I like outdoor events that showcase bike
boat ski action in a way that puts independent culture up front. Any
ideas? I have an emphasis on the Midwest, to keep travel close to home
but am willing to consider wandering further.

Try the Midwest Mountaineering's Outdoor Adventure Expo in
Minneapolis. The spring one is over with and the winter one is in the
middle of November. There are tons of people and booths and culture is
close by. MWM is on the west bank of the Mississippi River, home of
the hippies from the 60-70's. There are still a few around.
http://www.midwestmtn.com/

Greg Fangel

Old June 26th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 degrees

Sea Kayak Symposium Midwest -- Grand Marais Michigan. On the shores of Lake
Superior - doesnt get much better than this. Mid-July - 3rd or 4th weekend.
Lots of coooooooooool people and great setting.
Plus, the Dunes Saloon !
JKal.

"Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)" wrote in
message ps.com...