the Nordic Ski e-mail list

Old July 15th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default the Nordic Ski e-mail list

I've been informed that the piper server, on which the nordic ski e-
mail list was located, was fried during an electrical storm sometime
last month.
For those of you who don't remember all of this, the nordic ski list
was the original nordic ski discussion forum, first hosted at Cornell,
then for the last number of years at Hamline University. When newsnet
and newsgroups became a desired form of communication, after some
discussion, the members of the list decided to try to have both: the
notes posted to the list were ported to the group, and the notes
posted to the group were ported to the list. Over the years there were
some problems with the connections, but the two operated in tandem
more or less smoothly until now.
We could, I think, revivify the list, in another form, on a
different Hamline U. server. It might be a problem to re-connect that
new list to the rec.ski.nordic group, but we could try.
What I want to know is if there is enough of us who have a strong
enough desire to justify going to the effort to set it up again. A
additional problem is that I've no way of directly e-mailing those
folks who were members of the e-mail list who do not read the group.
If any of you who read this know any of them, please let them know. In
any case, since I only read the group postings occasionally, if you
have an opinion about this, please at least cc:to my e-mail address.
It is: ksalzberg at hamline period edu.
-Ken

How do I subscribe to the Nordic Ski Email List? prenex Nordic Skiing 1 January 3rd 06 02:11 PM
Mail RWL Nordic Skiing 4 February 23rd 05 08:45 PM
e-mail list/news group Kenneth Salzberg Nordic Skiing 16 February 19th 05 02:13 AM
Save every Abraham personal e-mail Dick Gozinya Alpine Skiing 6 August 3rd 04 06:28 PM
Working Dynastar support e-mail? Tanel Sitska Alpine Skiing 2 March 17th 04 10:56 PM