Twisted Ankle

Old December 5th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
EdV

Default Twisted Ankle

I can move my all of my toes and have what appears to be full range of
motion with my ankle. Does this mean I didn't seperate any ligaments
and or tendons?

I have a trip scheduled to Lutsen this weekend and really want to do
more than just shop at Gran Marais.

Thanks

Old December 5th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Henriksen

"EdV" skrev i melding
ups.com...
I can move my all of my toes and have what appears to be full range of
motion with my ankle. Does this mean I didn't seperate any ligaments
and or tendons?

I have a trip scheduled to Lutsen this weekend and really want to do
more than just shop at Gran Marais.

Have you taped your ankle? I once ran 42 km bushmarathon with a taped ankle.
Worked very well.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Old December 5th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
EdV

Terje Henriksen wrote:

Have you taped your ankle? I once ran 42 km bushmarathon with a taped ankle.
Worked very well.

Thanks for the tip. This sort of taping would be more involved than
the ace bandage elastic cloth I am guessing.

Do you have any internet links?

I will search also of course.

Thanks!

Old December 5th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Camilo

EdV wrote:
I can move my all of my toes and have what appears to be full range of
motion with my ankle. Does this mean I didn't seperate any ligaments
and or tendons?

I have a trip scheduled to Lutsen this weekend and really want to do
more than just shop at Gran Marais.

Thanks

Why don't you go into a drop in clinic (urgent care, etc.) and have a
quaified person actually examine it?

If you REALLY want internet advice from an unknown person who can't see
or touch the injured ankle, I advise you to go ahead and ski and stop
if it hurts too much.

Old December 6th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

go to an ER, get it X-rayed, if it's not broken, put some elastic wrap
on it, and go skiing.

Old December 6th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Henriksen

"EdV" skrev i melding
ups.com...
Terje Henriksen wrote:

Have you taped your ankle? I once ran 42 km bushmarathon with a taped
ankle.
Worked very well.

Thanks for the tip. This sort of taping would be more involved than
the ace bandage elastic cloth I am guessing.

Do you have any internet links?

I will search also of course.

Thanks!

In order to learn to tape the ankle yourself, you probably have to see a
doctor who will send you to people who deal with such things (fysioterapeut,
in norwegian).

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Old December 7th 06, 11:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
cosmicharlie

Ankle injuries are complicated. You don't necessarily have to take the
advice here that recommends ignoring the advice here. There are simple
rules for taping your ankle. Once learned, it's still a bit of a
hassle. You may have torn a ligament and need rest. A friend of mine
had six surgeries and still had to quit skiing for life. Once sprained
you may never see it return to the original state. You can either
aggravate it or re-injure it, but if it's not a serious injury now, we
will get rather ****ed that we are offering all this free advice to a
whiner.

Old December 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

"You don't necessarily have to take the advice here that recommends
ignoring the advice here."

Brucie, that's gotta be the mosted twisted bit of illogic I've ever
seen. It could only come from a dipsh*t moron like you. Is that
anything like this:

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

No wonder your mother calls you "idiot swift."

EdV wrote:
I can move my all of my toes and have what appears to be full range of
motion with my ankle. Does this mean I didn't seperate any ligaments
and or tendons?

I have a trip scheduled to Lutsen this weekend and really want to do
more than just shop at Gran Marais.

Thanks

High Boots vs. Ankle Strength/Balance JJ Nordic Skiing 33 December 7th 06 03:44 AM
Ankle injury chuck Snowboarding 2 November 4th 06 11:16 PM
Twisted knees gr Nordic Skiing 3 March 29th 05 03:14 AM
Carbon Pro boot question Daniel Vargo Nordic Skiing 5 January 28th 05 08:15 AM
Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM