Snowboarders...losers???

Old January 17th 05, 07:02 AM
Matthew Hennig

Waco Paco wrote in
:

Matthew Hennig wrote:

Waco Paco wrote in
:

Matthew Hennig wrote:

snip

Look at the facts here. Snowboarders are more likely to be involved
with drugs than the average person. Snowboarders are also more
likely to be involved in vandalism. If you don't recognize the
problem, then take your blinders off. And then the fact that I
can't enjoy the slopes in peace because the snow boarders start
blaring their "X-treme" music, its just wrong. I think JR raised
some valid points here and trying to ignore them like you are trying
to do won't make them go away.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.

Your self righteousness makes me wanna puke. Trying to pass off as
superior isn't going to solve any problem. Maybe you should try being
constructive as oppose to being destructive. Why don't you offer your
ideas on where these problems stem from. Wait, you already did. You
loosely pinned it on snowboarders.

Let me make some similar accusations. Skiers are all pricks, they
don't do drugs but like to drink irresponsibly, especially apres ski.
All skiers are self righteous. Skiers like to point all problems at
snowboarders. Skiers can't handle powder.

WOW, that was easy!! I never thought that it was so easy just making
generalizations that may or may not hold up to even half of all
skiers! I think I will use this approach more often to argue my
points. (I hope you understand that this whole paragraph was
sarcastic).

JR did bring up some valid points that there are assholes on the
hill, but to pin it on snowboarders is low, below the belt low. Like
you said, trying to ignore the facts won't make these problems go
away, BUT trying to pass the blame on some other group won't either.

Well, stu, until I see differently from all the snowboarders that
come to town, these generalizations are pretty much dead on. You ask
for some constructive advice, well here's my advice Paco.
Snowboarders need to stop using drugs. Period. Back in my day, I
didn't need drugs to give me a lift, I got that by having clean fun.
You notice skiiers and other mountain enthusaists don't feel the need
to use drugs like snowboarders do. And you're right that skiiers
can't handle powder. That's because skiiers aren't into drugs. They
don't WANT powder.

JR had valid points because if you look at it scientifically, the
majority of the assholes are snowboarders. Look at the facts.

MH
Denver, CO
Where we always walk a mile high.

MH, its always easier to pin it on one thing isn't it. Like Terrorism,
its Saddam Hussein. Like air pollution, its big nasty factories. You
see, there are more to problems than just one cause. Most of the time
there are many causes. By the way, I'd like to know what drug use
contributes to the problems on the hill? Are snowboarders high as a
kite
while they snowboard? or are drugs making them violent and
inconsiderate?

Plus are you sure that skiers don't want powder? can you speak for all
of them? (tell you the truth, untouched powder is the purest form of
skiing or snowboarding because it is all natural)

Drug use is a big problem with these snowboarders. The drugs effect them
different ways. Some of them have problems on the hill, some of them
become violent, especially against the other mountain enthusiasts.

And yes, skiiers don't want any of that cocaine or heroin powder. Are
you admitting on here that you like the powder?

Old January 17th 05, 11:19 AM
Champ

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:08:40 -0500, John Rogers
wrote:

Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run the
country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and their
ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased volume.
I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb other people
on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the right to do
so?

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

--
Champ
Old January 17th 05, 04:43 PM
Mike T

Snowboarders frighten and confuse me.

Folks, either this guy is 100% troll or he lacks fortitude and intellect as
illustrated by the opening sentence of his first post. Arguing with him is
pointless either way. In the former case you're feeding a troll and in the
latter case, you're feeding his paranoia. Let this thread die.

Mike T

Old January 17th 05, 06:18 PM
broady broady is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rogers
Snowboarders frighten and confuse me. Sometimes I see them riding
their "boards" from my seat in the lodge and they just seem revel in
getting in the way of the normal skiers. I wish they could get
haircuts and join society, because someday, they are going to run the
country.

The really scary ones are the ones with all of their "bling" and their
ghetto-blasters who play their "groovy" music at an increased volume.
I wouldn't turn up my Waylon Jennings CD's up and disturb other people
on the slopes. Why do you people feel like you have the right to do
so?

Please, think about what I've said.

JR
Norman, OK
i'v only just started boarding and i am 41 and it fells great to be in company of such great people out there just doing something different .Even the young are so helpfull to me showing me how to do it . i wear an omega whatch but that does not make me any different then anyone else.drugs hear mate theve been around for years since i was 19 so get a life
Old January 17th 05, 06:28 PM
Waco Paco

Matthew Hennig wrote:

Waco Paco wrote in
:

Matthew Hennig wrote:

Waco Paco wrote in
:

Matthew Hennig wrote:

[...]

MH, in which medical journal did you read drug use contributes to
snowboarder violence?

Also since you're in Denver, you must be high all the time! I bet you
sniff coke better than a hoover. It's so easy to take a few words out of
context and use it as an insult isn't it?

And yes I do love powder.

Old January 17th 05, 06:29 PM
Waco Paco

Mike T wrote:

Snowboarders frighten and confuse me.

Folks, either this guy is 100% troll or he lacks fortitude and intellect as
illustrated by the opening sentence of his first post. Arguing with him is
pointless either way. In the former case you're feeding a troll and in the
latter case, you're feeding his paranoia. Let this thread die.

Mike T

Mike, I respect you.

stu
Old January 18th 05, 05:40 AM
Mike M. Miskulin

"winnard" wrote in news:dLGGd.19101$4h.5489
@okepread03:

Dude, if this is your sig, you need to get a life.

winnard

that was one of rogers posts from long ago.
Old January 18th 05, 05:43 AM
Mike M. Miskulin

John Rogers wrote in
news

So you seem to think it's a bad thing to do our best to save our
country's brave Fighting Soldiers from fraud and/or disease? Why do
you hate America?

JR
Norman, OK

Ha you are rich bro. Sounds like you were doing your best
to save a few ho's along the way.

And dude just cause somebody disagrees with you or thinks
you are a jackass doesn't mean they hate America.
Old January 18th 05, 05:45 AM
Mike M. Miskulin

Matthew Hennig wrote in
:

JR had valid points because if you look at it scientifically, the
majority of the assholes are snowboarders. Look at the facts.

Ok, please quote the literature. And dude if you think
skiiers don't do drugs you really are spending too much
time in the lodge.

Old January 18th 05, 05:52 AM
Mike M. Miskulin

Waco Paco wrote in news:1105940799.294527

that is what he wrote. The first sentence states his fears. The

second
sentence supports why he fears snowboarders. Therefore he is afraid

of
snowboarders because some snowboarders like to get in the way of

normal
skiers. He is making a judgement on all snowboarders based on a

number
of snowboarders he saw.

Seems then that the skiier is further up the hill if the boarder
is 'cutting' in front of the skiier. Hence the skiier is at
fault as the *DOWNHILL* skiier/rider already in motion
has the right of way.