Tahoe Conditions

Old February 10th 06, 10:07 PM

Default Tahoe Conditions

How are things looking out there for next week? Weather forecast looks kind
of warm. I'm wondering whether to bail and head to SLC instead. Thanks in
advance.

MG

Old February 10th 06, 11:23 PM

MG wrote:
How are things looking out there for next week? Weather forecast looks kind
of warm. I'm wondering whether to bail and head to SLC instead. Thanks in
advance.

It's spring, temporarily. Winter will return, but maybe not by next week.

I'm doing my part t encourage a sudden onslought of foul weather - I'm
driving my two wheel drive car, wearing sandals, and left my winter
jacket in another location; surely one or more of these will tempt Ullr
into putting me in my miserable cold, wet, place?

That aside, it's been cold evenings, cool days, the snow's holding up
well softening during the day but not mushing, there's enough of it to
ski anywhere you want, but wear sunscreen.
Old February 11th 06, 07:53 PM

lal_truckee wrote:

It's spring, temporarily. Winter will return, but maybe not by next week.
I'm doing my part t encourage a sudden onslought of foul weather - I'm
driving my two wheel drive car, wearing sandals, and left my winter
jacket in another location; surely one or more of these will tempt Ullr
into putting me in my miserable cold, wet, place?

LOL.

That aside, it's been cold evenings, cool days, the snow's holding up
well softening during the day but not mushing, there's enough of it to
ski anywhere you want, but wear sunscreen.

The Pinecrest temperature graph at 5600' shows that it's below freezing
every night, so snowmaking operations can continue.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryID?s=6427

Meadow Lake temperature sensor at 7200' has not been reporting.