Horvath OK?

Old July 18th 11, 09:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Horvath OK?

On 7/18/2011 3:58 PM, wrote:

The Snipe National's are this weekend at NCYC. I'll
be there.

Are you racing in it, or are you just hanging around the dock with your
emergency rum flask in case one of the Snipes needs a little pick-me-up?

//Walt

Old July 19th 11, 12:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Jul 18, 4:22*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 7/18/11 12:58 PM, wrote:

The Snipe National's are this weekend at NCYC.

Pulling this back to mountains - I've been sidehill Snipe hunting, both
left and right handed. (I find left-handed Snipes tougher to catch bare
handed - with a sack either left or right just catch themselves, no
sport there.)

Do these sailing Snipes only heel one way? Are there two varieties? Do
some heel only larboard and others heel only starboard?

I have had a revelation. You pussies are the internet version of
snipes. Never seen, never observable in real life, mythical balls.
Old July 19th 11, 02:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jul 18, 11:21*am, Walt wrote:
On 7/18/2011 1:38 PM, lal_truckee wrote:

"DETROIT — Boats and a helicopter searched northern Lake Michigan on
Monday for two people who went missing when their sailboat capsized
during the annual Chicago-to-Mackinac Island race, the Coast Guard said.."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/18/chicagomackinac-race-two-_n_....

Not to worry. *Horvath was not in the Chi-Mac. *Neither was I. *(And the
races I was in this past sunday had the opposite problem - not enough
wind.)

The two people who drowned were from the Saginaw area; one had over 40
years of sailing experience and a bunch of Mac races under his belt.
They were found tethered to the boat, which had sunk.

Big water adventure is alot like big mountain adventure - when nature
turns nasty, even the most talented, best prepared sailor can meet his
match.

It's the top story on Sailing Anarchy today

http://www.sailinganarchy.com

//Walt

My sailing tether can be detached at either end, one handed.

There's more to this story.
Old July 19th 11, 03:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jul 18, 7:12*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jul 18, 11:21*am, Walt wrote:

[...]

Sorta like you can detach your package?
Hey, how about that contact info? Still waiting for the cops to drag
me away to jail, as you promised would happen.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EMERGENCY SOCCER GAME!!!!
Old July 19th 11, 03:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 19:12:35 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

On Jul 18, 11:21*am, Walt wrote:
On 7/18/2011 1:38 PM, lal_truckee wrote:

Big water adventure is alot like big mountain adventure - when nature
turns nasty, even the most talented, best prepared sailor can meet his
match.

It's the top story on Sailing Anarchy today

http://www.sailinganarchy.com

//Walt

My sailing tether can be detached at either end, one handed.

There's more to this story.

Perhaps they were knocked out. It's also hard to believe that the
boat sunk. When mine is sealed up, it can't sink. But some of those
racing boats have minimal area below and are not water tight.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old July 19th 11, 04:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote this crap:

On Jul 18, 11:21*am, Walt wrote:
On 7/18/2011 1:38 PM, lal_truckee wrote:

Big water adventure is alot like big mountain adventure - when nature
turns nasty, even the most talented, best prepared sailor can meet his
match.

It's the top story on Sailing Anarchy today

http://www.sailinganarchy.com

//Walt

My sailing tether can be detached at either end, one handed.

There's more to this story.

Perhaps they were knocked out. *It's also hard to believe that the
boat sunk. *When mine is sealed up, it can't sink. *But some of those
racing boats have minimal area below and are not water tight.

Vote for Romney. *Repeal the nightmares.

The rest of the story:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3611815.story

Head trauma caused the deaths, the boat didn't sink, and they had
their sails down when the squall struck.

Horvath... ant[_12_] Alpine Skiing 3 December 30th 07 09:29 PM
Where's Horvath? Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 1 January 10th 06 05:00 PM
I named him Horvath... AstroPax Alpine Skiing 4 July 28th 04 07:42 PM
OK, Horvath.... Dave Stallard Alpine Skiing 12 March 29th 04 01:25 PM
What Hamster's Do In Horvath scottabe Alpine Skiing 7 January 28th 04 04:00 PM