Where to rent back-country ski (NNN-BC) in Adirondack?

Old February 9th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Vladimir Kelman

Default Where to rent back-country ski (NNN-BC) in Adirondack?

Our group (from Maryland and from Montreal, Canada) is planning a 4-
day back-country ski trip in Indian Lake area of Adirondack. We
normally use NNN-BC skis. Some of our team desperately need to rent
skis. We know one place to rent - The Mountaineer store. But it's
pretty far from Indian Lake and, more importantly, from our previous
experience, the quality of their skis isn't very good (bindings were
not properly strongly enough attached to skis, etc.).

Does anyone know a better place to rent skis? It may be some store in
Adirondacks, or even a store in Montreal, if it's convenient enough
and skis are pretty good.

Thank you!
Old February 12th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Sylvain Fauvel[_2_]

On 2010-02-09, Vladimir Kelman wrote:
Our group (from Maryland and from Montreal, Canada) is planning a 4-
day back-country ski trip in Indian Lake area of Adirondack. We
normally use NNN-BC skis. Some of our team desperately need to rent
skis. We know one place to rent - The Mountaineer store. But it's
pretty far from Indian Lake and, more importantly, from our previous
experience, the quality of their skis isn't very good (bindings were
not properly strongly enough attached to skis, etc.).

Does anyone know a better place to rent skis? It may be some store in
Adirondacks, or even a store in Montreal, if it's convenient enough
and skis are pretty good.

Thank you!

"Le yeti" is probably the best store for Backcountry skis in Montreal.
Smaller than "La Cordee" and "MEC" but they have knowledgable
staff. They have rental but i have not been there in a while, so
am not sure if they have NNN-BC. Their web site is http://www.leyeti.ca/.
Seem to be in french only though. Try phoning if language is an issue
(514-271-0773).

Sylvain in Montreal
fauvel at emt dot inrs dot ca
Old February 24th 10, 02:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Vladimir Kelman

Thank you Sylvain!
I found one place for ski rental directly in Adirondack -http://
www.cunninghamsskibarn.com/, although I must reiterate: it's not a
good idea to rent back-country skis, rented skis are far less
dependable than your own!

Old February 24th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Vladimir Kelman

Wow! A lot of back-country ski rental places were recommended here
http://www.adkforum.com/showthread.php?p=140995