sunny weather

Old February 9th 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default sunny weather

"The Real Bev" wrote in message news:moarj.6936
Nothing works if your windshield is covered with fine pits from god knows what
the previous owner did to it.

I just wish it worked on goggles. Maybe it would if I wasn't such a
cheapskate who buys $12 ski goggles.

I never pay more than a buck! I just noticed that the nice Uvex ones I've
used for maybe 10 years have holes in the thin foam covering the vents. I
think duct tape will come in handy here...

Once the holes begin, the foam begins to shred in tiny pieces that get into your
eyes and irritate. Better start saving some dimes.

Old February 9th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 20:56:29 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Nothing works if your windshield is covered with fine pits from god
knows what the previous owner did to it.

I just wish it worked on goggles. Maybe it would if I wasn't such a
cheapskate who buys $12 ski goggles.

I never pay more than a buck! I just noticed that the nice Uvex ones
I've used for maybe 10 years have holes in the thin foam covering the
vents. I think duct tape will come in handy here...

You never tried using a few drops of liquid detergent and then polishing
it off?

Also try toothpaste. Toothpaste is a good plastic polish.

Oh.. I forgot. You never use toothpaste.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old February 9th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Bob F wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrote in message news:moarj.6936
Nothing works if your windshield is covered with fine pits from god knows what
the previous owner did to it.

I just wish it worked on goggles. Maybe it would if I wasn't such a
cheapskate who buys $12 ski goggles.

I never pay more than a buck! I just noticed that the nice Uvex ones I've
used for maybe 10 years have holes in the thin foam covering the vents. I
think duct tape will come in handy here...

Once the holes begin, the foam begins to shred in tiny pieces that get into your
eyes and irritate. Better start saving some dimes.

Rip it off and cover the framework with duct tape. There are REAL vent
holes in the sides so I don't think I'm doing serious injury. I
discovered the problem when wind blew in and decentered my contact lens.
Not good to be suddenly unable to see...

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old February 9th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

wrote this crap:

Nothing works if your windshield is covered with fine pits from god
knows what the previous owner did to it.

I just wish it worked on goggles. Maybe it would if I wasn't such a
cheapskate who buys $12 ski goggles.

I never pay more than a buck! I just noticed that the nice Uvex ones
I've used for maybe 10 years have holes in the thin foam covering the
vents. I think duct tape will come in handy here...

You never tried using a few drops of liquid detergent and then polishing
it off?

Also try toothpaste. Toothpaste is a good plastic polish.

Only for plastic with no scratches. Here's what not to use to polish
some serious scratches out of your glasses: 600-grit wet-or-dry sandpaper.

Hey, nothing else worked and it was a long shot.

Old February 9th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

wrote this crap:

Nothing works if your windshield is covered with fine pits from god knows
what the previous owner did to it.

I just wish it worked on goggles. Maybe it would if I wasn't such a
cheapskate who buys $12 ski goggles.

I never pay more than a buck! I just noticed that the nice Uvex ones I've
used for maybe 10 years have holes in the thin foam covering the vents. I
think duct tape will come in handy here...

You never tried using a few drops of liquid detergent and then polishing it
off?

Also try toothpaste. Toothpaste is a good plastic polish.

Only for plastic with no scratches. Here's what not to use to polish some
serious scratches out of your glasses: 600-grit wet-or-dry sandpaper.

Hey, nothing else worked and it was a long shot.

You could try 2000 grit from the auto paint store.

Old February 9th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

wrote this crap:

Nothing works if your windshield is covered with fine pits from god knows
what the previous owner did to it.

I just wish it worked on goggles. Maybe it would if I wasn't such a
cheapskate who buys $12 ski goggles.

I never pay more than a buck! I just noticed that the nice Uvex ones I've
used for maybe 10 years have holes in the thin foam covering the vents. I
think duct tape will come in handy here...

You never tried using a few drops of liquid detergent and then polishing it
off?

Also try toothpaste. Toothpaste is a good plastic polish.

Only for plastic with no scratches. Here's what not to use to polish some
serious scratches out of your glasses: 600-grit wet-or-dry sandpaper.

Hey, nothing else worked and it was a long shot.

You could try 2000 grit from the auto paint store.

For plastic, try Meguiar's Mirror Glaze. I used to use it on the
plastic rear window on my '68 Camaro. It was amazing. (Much like
Rain-X, it actually did what it claimed to do. Really well.)

bw
Old February 11th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike

"Walt" wrote in message
They were coming back into the lodge
with a thin coating of ice from head
to foot yesterday. Talk about "crap".

Yes, the glazed doughnought look. I'm quite familiar with it.

I was called the 'Campbell's soup boy' by the lift attendant last time up.

Old February 11th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Mike wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message
They were coming back into the lodge
with a thin coating of ice from head
to foot yesterday. Talk about "crap".

Yes, the glazed doughnought look. I'm quite familiar with it.

I was called the 'Campbell's soup boy' by the lift attendant last time up.

Care to elaborate? A winning combination
of red, white and black?
Old February 12th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

VtSkier wrote:
Mike wrote:

I was called the 'Campbell's soup boy' by the lift attendant last time
up.

Care to elaborate? A winning combination
of red, white and black?

I'm guessing snot-cicles frozen to the beard.
Old February 12th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

lal_truckee wrote:
crap.

May be a break in the bad weather coming up - small chance of snow
tomorrow night and wednesday.

Snow otherwise holding up pretty well on permanently shaded slopes.

hot weather 32 degrees Nordic Skiing 16 June 23rd 06 10:03 PM
From Best Ski Weather ianskivt North American Ski Resorts 0 March 3rd 06 03:50 PM
Mtn. Weather Steve Backcountry Skiing 0 August 11th 05 02:07 AM
Sunny Glenshee Adrian Tupper European Ski Resorts 0 February 27th 05 08:31 PM
weather karen smith European Ski Resorts 2 September 28th 04 10:55 AM