Shame on shades

Old March 17th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Shame on shades

For my xc-skilady's birthday,
I bought the best shades my dealer holds at my ski shop: the Adidas
Evil-eye Explorer with all the Climacool and SPX technology and what
else for greater ventilation. My dealer said this was the best no-fog
shades available on the market, the best for xc-skiing... with the
corresponding best (biggest) price (of course).

However, as the proverb says, "What matters was the intention". The
shades were all wright when skiing down hills or on flat sections, but
every time when going hard on long hills, they started to FOG, were no
longer usefull, and always ended up on the tuque (I must say my xc-
skilady has a big engine).

I wonder whether good-looking anti-fog shades really exists or not for
x-c skiing? Do your shades also end on your tuque when you ski hard,
say, in a race?

RO

Old March 18th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:03:55 -0500, wrote:

You noticed those bigger funny looking ones that Northug and one or two
other Norwegians wear? Those are Casco brand and the best around.
There's that standard model and a new Spirit line with two sizes of
lenses that I've never seen. Joe Gollinger sells both,
http://www.cascoeyewear.com/

If anyone is interesting in them, I'm selling a nearly new set (used
three times), with orange, gray and clear lenses. Perfect condition.
$60 + shipping. This model:
http://www.cascoeyewear.com/casco_nordic_eyewear.html

Old March 18th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:39:17 -0400, "Gary Jacobson"
wrote:

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:03:55 -0500, wrote:

You noticed those bigger funny looking ones that Northug and one or two
other Norwegians wear? Those are Casco brand and the best around.
There's that standard model and a new Spirit line with two sizes of
lenses that I've never seen. Joe Gollinger sells both,
http://www.cascoeyewear.com/

If anyone is interesting in them, I'm selling a nearly new set (used
three times), with orange, gray and clear lenses. Perfect condition.
$60 + shipping. This model:
http://www.cascoeyewear.com/casco_nordic_eyewear.html

Been wondering about these things. Can you share your likes and dislikes?
Thanks.

They look too strange for me plus are a little big to pack in my usual
bag (they come with a case to protect them, which is big).

They fog less (almost none at all), but I can tolerate the small
amount of fogging on my other glasses.

Old March 18th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

The head strap is a bit on the small side at full extension, so I keep
working on stretching it. The frame also rests directly against my
forehead, which can bother me after awhile. I'm not a headband type
of person. But they are still new to me and I haven't worked out yet how
to set them up. They do the trick, though, in terms of fogging. Only
problem is if I happen to move them around a little too much and catch
brow sweat, but that clears after awhile.

"Gary Jacobson" wrote:

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:03:55 -0500, wrote:

You noticed those bigger funny looking ones that Northug and one or two
other Norwegians wear? Those are Casco brand and the best around.
There's that standard model and a new Spirit line with two sizes of
lenses that I've never seen. Joe Gollinger sells both,
http://www.cascoeyewear.com/

If anyone is interesting in them, I'm selling a nearly new set (used
three times), with orange, gray and clear lenses. Perfect condition.
$60 + shipping. This model:
http://www.cascoeyewear.com/casco_nordic_eyewear.html

Been wondering about these things. Can you share your likes and dislikes?
Thanks.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old March 18th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

The Casco shield does not have what one could say a superb design (for
women at least). I visited the Casco site you mentioned, and it shows
also the new PROFILE design which looks more a sport shade (http://
http://www.cascoeyewear.com/new_comi....html#Profile). I wonder even if
the Casco shield can get foggy some times, so the Profile shades can
too.

RO
Old March 21st 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
wintermutt

On Mar 17, 2:02 pm, wrote:
[...]

try this
http://www.wheelsmotorsports.com/Str..._FOG_CLOTH.htm