Tour de Ski Torrent: Men's Freestyle Pursuit (Nove MEsto, 12/29/07)

Old December 31st 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

Default Tour de Ski Torrent: Men's Freestyle Pursuit (Nove MEsto, 12/29/07)

Offered experimentally (not having done this successfully before):
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3954725
Old January 1st 08, 12:10 AM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassava View Post
Offered experimentally (not having done this successfully before):
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3954725
Thank you very much! Greatly appreciated. Are you planning on capping the other races as well?
Old January 1st 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Thanks for the effort. Anyone get it to play? I tried six players and
only VLC even ran the file (timer) but w/o audio or video. Some didn't
even recognize it under All Files. The file itself lacks a type
designation, tho I got the sense it might be an MP4.

--
doogiski

Old January 2nd 08, 12:05 AM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Thanks for the effort. Anyone get it to play? I tried six players and
only VLC even ran the file (timer) but w/o audio or video. Some didn't
even recognize it under All Files. The file itself lacks a type
designation, tho I got the sense it might be an MP4.
[/i][/color]
I have the same problem, I ran the file through G-Spot and it says it's in a .mov container but the codec is wmv3. I still haven't got it to play though.
Old January 2nd 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

doogiski wrote:

tassava;118637 Wrote:
Offered experimentally (not having done this successfully before):
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3954725

Thank you very much! Greatly appreciated. Are you planning on capping
the other races as well?

--
doogiski

Sorry - my bad. The file is a QuickTime movie which plays with Apple's
player (at least on my Mac). I don't have the IT firepower to convert
it, though if someone wanted to do so (maybe to an AVI?), I'd gladly
get the files to them. For now, I'll put up everything else I have in
a second.
Old January 3rd 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
cpella

On Jan 1, 8:05 pm, doogiski wrote:
;118704 Wrote:

Thanks for the effort. Anyone get it to play? I tried six players and
only VLC even ran the file (timer) but w/o audio or video. Some didn't
even recognize it under All Files. The file itself lacks a type
designation, tho I got the sense it might be an MP4.

I have the same problem, I ran the file through G-Spot and it says it's
in a .mov container but the codec is wmv3. I still haven't got it to
play though.

--
doogiski[/i][/color]

Works with Quicktime on OS/X. Haven't tried it on Windows with
Quicktime yet.

Chris
Old January 3rd 08, 12:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On 1 jan, 20:05, doogiski wrote:
;118704 Wrote:

Thanks for the effort. Anyone get it to play? I tried six players and
only VLC even ran the file (timer) but w/o audio or video. Some didn't
even recognize it under All Files. The file itself lacks a type
designation, tho I got the sense it might be an MP4.

I have the same problem, I ran the file through G-Spot and it says it's
in a .mov container but the codec is wmv3. I still haven't got it to
play though.

--
doogiski[/i][/color]

The file does not play with Quicktime on Windows. Has Doogiski found a
way to make it play on this platform?
Old January 3rd 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

On Jan 3, 7:23 am, wrote:
On 1 jan, 20:05, doogiski wrote:

;118704 Wrote:

Thanks for the effort. Anyone get it to play? I tried six players and
only VLC even ran the file (timer) but w/o audio or video. Some didn't
even recognize it under All Files. The file itself lacks a type
designation, tho I got the sense it might be an MP4.

I have the same problem, I ran the file through G-Spot and it says it's
in a .mov container but the codec is wmv3. I still haven't got it to
play though.

--
doogiski

The file does not play with Quicktime on Windows. Has Doogiski found a
way to make it play on this platform?[/i][/color]

Well, crap. Sorry, everyone. Maybe this is a good reason to get a Mac?
I just tried it with Quicktime on my work PC and couldn't play it,
either. If there's a workaround, I'm happy to cooperate with someone.
Perhaps there's some copy-protection issue? This is doubly
disappointing because WCSN just posted the pursuits from New Year's
Day... (They mislabeled them as the classic races from 1/2, but
still...)

Christopher
Old January 3rd 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Thanks for the try. Any language is better than having to listen
to Peter Graves and Randy Sturgis (they didn't even know how long
the women's race they were calling yesterday was). Maybe someone
can point you in the right direction for next time.

Roger