NRK has live transmission of Tour de ski over internet!

Old December 28th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Oskar K

Default NRK has live transmission of Tour de ski over internet!

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/sport/spill

That's the link to live tv during the races of Tour de Ski!

/o

Old December 28th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Dec 28 at 14:11, Oskar K wrote:

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/sport/spill

That's the link to live tv during the races of Tour de Ski!

Thanks for the info.

When I go there now (17:15 North American Central Standard Time on Fri
Dec 28th = 00:15 Central European Central Time on Sat Dec 29th), I see
a video screen that can play many different sports highlight clips,
including the Tour de Ski Prologue that happened 12 hours ago.

The Tour de Ski website says that the races on Saturday are at 14:00 &
15:00 Central European Central Time = 07:00 & 08:00 North American
Central Standard Time. Are you saying that if I go to
http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/sport/spill at that time, I'll see the
races live?

Kevin Miller
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Old December 29th 07, 12:02 AM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

I've found a way to watch NRK live on your computer, so if anybody else has a capture card in thier computer they could cap the races.
1. Open WMP
2. Go to open url...
3. For NRK1 enter in mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m
For NRK2 enter in mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid04_m

It's as easy as that, and the quality is really decent too. It's all live with a 0 second delay approximately. Enjoy!
Old December 29th 07, 10:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

doogiski wrote:
I've found a way to watch NRK live on your computer, so if anybody else
has a capture card in thier computer they could cap the races.
1. Open WMP
2. Go to open url...
3. For NRK1 enter in mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m
For NRK2 enter in mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid04_m

It's as easy as that, and the quality is really decent too. It's all
live with a 0 second delay approximately. Enjoy!

The encoding delay isn't zero of course!

In fact, when I measured it yesterday (watching the regular broadcast
and capturing the web feed on my PC, the delay was almost exactly 19
seconds.

Terje

--
-
Old December 29th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Rominger

On 28 dez, 21:02, doogiski wrote:
I've found a way to watch NRK live on your computer, so if anybody else
has a capture card in thier computer they could cap the races.
1. Open WMP
2. Go to open url...
3. For NRK1 enter in mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m
For NRK2 enter in mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid04_m

It's as easy as that, and the quality is really decent too. It's all
live with a 0 second delay approximately. Enjoy!

--
doogiski

Unfortunately, I've tried both ways (http:// and mms://, by the way,
where is "Open Url" in WMP, it seems obvious, but I can't find it on
my computer?) and both there is no stream (website doesn't open at all
and streaming using VLC is running only for a couple of seconds, then
lost video, then audio)
Old December 29th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

This doesn't work in the US w/o a subscription, does it?

Old December 29th 07, 02:45 PM
G-rad G-rad is offline
Junior Member

So whats the deal with how the feed always has to buffer, and pauses every minute or so. is there any way to deal with that or is it just how the feed is, or maybe my computer?

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terje Mathisen View Post

Old December 29th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Terge,

I tried the connection to NRK (mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m)
and my WMP also had problem with the buffer. In the panel Performance
in the Tool/Option menu, I set the connexion to Automatically detect
connexion speed and put 60 seconds of buffer.
It still paused for about a minute or two, then webTV started to
stream very smoothly.
Thanks to Doogiski for finding the trick!

Is there any way to get the schedule for the webTV?

RO

Old December 29th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

wrote:
Terge,

As I've said a few times before, "terge" is a Norwegian werb meaning to
annoy/heckle/bother, while Terje is my first name. :-)

I tried the connection to NRK (mms://straumV.nrk.no/nrk_tv_webvid03_m)
and my WMP also had problem with the buffer. In the panel Performance
in the Tool/Option menu, I set the connexion to Automatically detect
connexion speed and put 60 seconds of buffer.
It still paused for about a minute or two, then webTV started to
stream very smoothly.
Thanks to Doogiski for finding the trick!

There's no trick, it just depends on how good an internet connection you
happen to have, all the way to the straumv.nrk.no (160.68.101.40) server.

Try "traceroute straumv.nrk.no" (or "tracert straumv.nrk.no" on windows)
and check that you get replies from all the intermediate routers, and
that the ping times are stable, small and repeatable.

If they are not, you'll probably have some trouble getting this to work.

BTW, VLC is a _much_ better way to connect to mms: streams than WMP!

Terje

PS. I just tried both traceroute and ping, and it turned out that at
least one router close to nrk.no will drop ping/echo request packets. :-(

PPS. The last responding router on my path to the nrk server was
193.156.90.50 which stated that the destination net was unreachable.
This is of course bogus, but it is a nicer way to drop ping requests
than by simply discarding them. I had 10ms (+/- 1) response times from
that router.