USA Kicks A$$

Old December 6th 03, 06:02 PM
Jay Tegeder

Default USA Kicks A$$

The 30K Mass Start Freestyle in Toblach proved to be a great day for
the USA. Kris Freeman placed 6th and he's only 22. Carl Swensson
"Kalle" to the Swedes, grabbed 13th. In other good news, Mathias
Fredriksson, one of my favorite skiers, won the event. Yeah, yeah,
yeah, I'm being provincial here but hey, the U.S. Team has been down
since the days of Bill Koch so it's nice to have skiers to cheer for
again. Building on last year's success is great. Lastly, instead of
the USA I could say, New Hamphire placed 2 skiers in the Top 13 of a
World Cup race... Maybe "Kalle" is the new, "Old Man of the Mountain."

Jay Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT
Old December 6th 03, 08:21 PM
taywood

Kris Freeman placed 6th and he's only 22. Carl Swensson
"Kalle" to the Swedes, grabbed 13th.

About time too.
I watched it live on Eurosport and the English commentator
was watching the same picture as us on his monitor.

I love these mass starts and at the 15K point there were a
large bunch of about 30 racers and the list passed so quickly
on screen he still missed the US names.
By 27.5k the leaders list had shortened and he spotted them,
about 8th and 16th. It sure was a good finish.

I've not got digital tv but one of its benefits is Interactive viewing,
eg where you can influence the plot or view alternatives.
Here the commentator was asking for viewers comments and I'd
liked to have had interaction with him over the above!

Have you noticed the Euro snow has fallen on the South side of
the Alps and missed the XC ski resorts on the North side.
Mike (in snow free UK)
Old December 7th 03, 12:13 AM
Eric W. Chandler

Carl Swensson
"Kalle" to the Swedes, grabbed 13th.

I skied for Plymouth High School in 1985 and used to race against Carl from
over in North Conway. On a good day I would beat him. On an average day he
would beat me.

Of course, I was 17 and he was 13 or 14.

Now maybe he would let me wax his skis...

Live Free or Die baby!

Born in Littleton NH...
Eric "Shmo" Chandler
Duluth, MN

Old December 7th 03, 02:30 AM
32 degrees

I'll be waiting for Janne to load this one up !

Is this a race you will load up for us Janne?
Hope so..
Jk

Great 2 inches of crusty ice crystals here in northern Lower peninsula of
Michigan.
Should be a good 2 hour skate tomorrow..

Old December 8th 03, 01:51 AM
Jeff Potter

YAY! Congrats to the US guys! C'mon, c'mon!!!

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old December 8th 03, 06:30 AM
Janne G

Jay Tegeder wrote:

The 30K Mass Start Freestyle in Toblach proved to be a great day for
the USA. Kris Freeman placed 6th and he's only 22. Carl Swensson
"Kalle" to the Swedes, grabbed 13th. In other good news, Mathias
Fredriksson, one of my favorite skiers, won the event. Yeah, yeah,
yeah, I'm being provincial here but hey, the U.S. Team has been down
since the days of Bill Koch so it's nice to have skiers to cheer for
again. Building on last year's success is great. Lastly, instead of
the USA I could say, New Hamphire placed 2 skiers in the Top 13 of a
World Cup race... Maybe "Kalle" is the new, "Old Man of the Mountain."

Why does the US team have so anonymously cloating? Normally a US athlete
allways have the "normal" stars and stripes that they are so found of
on them, but now, in this dress they are hard to recognice in the mass.

And yes, the race are out on the server.

--

Forward in all directions

Janne G
Old December 8th 03, 10:31 PM
Chequama Mama

Why does the US team have so anonymously cloating? Normally a US athlete
allways have the "normal" stars and stripes that they are so found of
on them, but now, in this dress they are hard to recognice in the mass.

Because thankfully, someone at the US Ski Team or the USSA, finally
realized how ugly most of those uniforms were.
On a sidenot, Kris Freeman commented that he and Carl Swenson have
trouble telling each other apart from the Norwegians in the races.

--
Remove the caps to reply
Nordic Nuts

Old December 9th 03, 12:17 AM
Jeff Potter

Ha!... all they have to do is keep that particular problem going to the
finish line all season long and we're sitting pretty!

It's far better than having trouble distinguishing your mate from the Brits
or whoever we'd been skiing nearby in the past!!!!

Old December 9th 03, 12:33 AM
32 degrees

Wow, just downloaded the 30km freestyle... ARE THOSE GUYS FAST OR WHAT? !

What an amazing sprint to the finish and FREEMAN was RIGHT THERE !

You've got to believe he is a favorite to place next week with the 10km
classic.

JK

.. .

Old December 9th 03, 08:54 AM
Primoz Jeroncic

32 degrees wrote:

Wow, just downloaded the 30km freestyle... ARE THOSE GUYS FAST OR WHAT? !

What an amazing sprint to the finish and FREEMAN was RIGHT THERE !

You've got to believe he is a favorite to place next week with the 10km
classic.

Just if someone is interested... I just put few photos from Dobbiaco
30km race to my web: http://www.mgdfx.com/news/031207.html
Scanner is a bit off and new one is not on my desk yet but hope it's
not too bad with this one either.
--
Primoz
Support - IP/VoIP Connectivity & Routing