Smart Apartment in French Pyrenees Orientales

Old July 15th 03, 12:04 AM
John Owens

Default Smart Apartment in French Pyrenees Orientales

45mins to ski resorts but in a village with its own life and sights. Ideal
for both dedicated and mixed groups. Trains and road options to resorts and
other places !.

Vernet les Bains. 45 mins from Perpignan also accessible form Toulouse,
Barcelona, Carcassone.

Apartment could sleep 8 , we present it for 6. Lovely large terraces one
with BBQ/Chimney ideal for apres ski.

Available for long lets as well.

--
John Owens

Fax 44 1509 89 08 22
www.GoodViews.co.uk

Old July 20th 03, 09:22 AM
John Owens

"Ian Spare" wrote in message

How about we save you the trouble of posting this every couple of
weeks (July 15, July 1, Jun 13 etc) and spammed ourselves? We could
all just print a copy and leaving it lying around the house and
office.

Sorry

I didn't realise I was doing it so often !
Also there are other adverts in here so I thought an infrequent occurrence
was OK.

--
John Owens

Fax 44 1509 89 08 22
www.GoodViews.co.uk

Old July 20th 03, 05:07 PM
Ian Spare

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 09:22:16 +0000 (UTC), "John Owens"
wrote:

"Ian Spare" wrote in message
.. .

How about we save you the trouble of posting this every couple of
weeks (July 15, July 1, Jun 13 etc) and spammed ourselves? We could
all just print a copy and leaving it lying around the house and
office.

Sorry

I didn't realise I was doing it so often !

I imagine you might lose track, you post the same ad to so many
newsgroups so frequently :-)

Also there are other adverts in here so I thought an infrequent occurrence

And they are also wrong, wrong, wrong

was OK.

It's not in my opinion, I happen to have apartments for rental, not
just one and mine are actually in more major stations. I regard to
correct management and promotion of them to be a business expense and
not appropriate to just keep posting in newsgroups because no one
could really stop me.

It just has to be an absolute thing, either we want to see adverts or
we don't, otherwise where are we? The first 99 posted each day are OK
but the rest aren't? Are 99 fine or would 150 be alright or 38 not a
problem?

I'd suggest you get your a good local agent or use one of the
international ones like Interhome. They'll charge but the service is
good and their occupancy rates reasonable. I also find I have better
things to do than exchange emails with people I don't know trying to
arrange rentals.

Ian

Old July 20th 03, 08:06 PM
John Owens

Thanks Ian.

I think that most of the other sites I have posted to are .marketplaces.
The skiing one doesn't work apart from 'in season'. Some enquiries I have
received are for forward arrangements.
But in any case
sorry to have got up your nose and sorry to anybody else..

It is our first year. I am merely playing catch up. I am also on paid-for
sites.
Thanks for the clue about interhome.(They didn't show on any search I did
so I missed them).

I don't mind dealing personally with renters and prospects, some of whom
come from the special interest groups like walkers and skiers. I do also
have local management. As you pointed out our place is a hybrid, not
centered in a major resort. I am not in competition with you.

Anyway apologies repeated . No war intended.

(Did you actually see me on loads of newsgroups or did you search my
history ? )

--
John Owens

Fax 44 1509 89 08 22
www.GoodViews.co.uk

Old July 21st 03, 11:45 AM
Ian Spare

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:06:12 +0000 (UTC), "John Owens"
wrote:

Thanks for the clue about interhome.(They didn't show on any search I did
so I missed them).

I'm not sure how good they are, as an experiment we've placed a flat
with them and we'll see how it goes. The service seems to be OK, I was
in their local office sorting out some paperwork at the weekend and I
was impressed with the amount of business they were doing and the way
they were doing it, but time will tell how it works for us.