question about 1st pair of skis

Old October 15th 04, 02:22 AM
Walt

Lucky wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message

Although I usually bottom post, at times I don't. There's a time
bw
and place for everything.

snip what doesn't belong and post directly there after.
anything else is un-civilized EG

And be careful not to attribute quotes to the wrong person.

--
// Walt
//

Old October 15th 04, 02:26 AM
Walt

bdubya wrote:
"Lucky" wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message

No, he didn't.

Yes he did. He just happened to have written something else.

(God, it's invigorating to refer to oneself in the third person.)

--
// Walt
//

Old October 15th 04, 04:11 AM
Lucky

"Walt" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message

Although I usually bottom post, at times I don't. There's a time
bw
and place for everything.

snip what doesn't belong and post directly there after.
anything else is un-civilized EG

And be careful not to attribute quotes to the wrong person.

Ahhh,
Now where's thew fun in that when we're talking Net-e-quete.
mis quote.
mis- attribute
and mis-place.
Heh Heh
now what were we talking about ?
eg

Old October 15th 04, 08:41 AM
BrritSki

Rut wrote:

BrritSki wrote in message ...
Rut wrote:

Thanks again for the info. (Not sure what a top-poster is but it sound
negative)?

It's someone who posts their replies at the top of a message. ...

So sorry for being a top-poster.

No problem. You asked, you were told (politely the first time) and you
listened. Who could ask for more ?

Funny. I've been posting on usenet
for years and no one has ever mentioned that. Go figure

You must have been posting in alt.analretentives.unwelcome
Old October 18th 04, 02:39 PM
Rut

OK, Back to skis.

I took a leap of faith and bought a new pair of k2 5500 unlimited
on ebay for $150. Now I need bindings. What I'm not sure of is the
5500 comes with a riser made into the ski (at least that's what I was
told).

Do I need to specifically look for binding without a lift plate or
does it matter? I was looking at some Salomon S711 Ps.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Rut
Old October 20th 04, 08:46 PM
Chuck

lal_truckee wrote in news:2t842vF1sc2qmU1@uni-
berlin.de:

[**] Ever hear the one about why all the programmers in the machine room
wore hiking boots? No, it wasn't because they needed backpack to carry
their card decks (although some of us actually did use backpacks) - it
was to be prepared in case a mountain was to spring up in the machine
room - probably behind the Univac 1108 or maybe the 360 - lots of floor
space back there.

1108? Why I remember working on a 9200. And yes, I work my "mountain
climbing" boots in case a mountain should suddenly spring up in the middle
of the machine room.