Flying to Whistler from US and Air Canada's rules

Old August 31st 04, 07:35 PM

Default Flying to Whistler from US and Air Canada's rules

The Air Canada web site says:

"A set consists of one snowboard and one pair of boots. This set is
considered as one piece of checked baggage and no other item(s) can be
carried in the package ."

I pack clothes in my padded, wheeled board bag. That's not allowed?
Tools are not allowed in the board bag?

"The snowboard must be packaged in a rigid and/or hardshell container
specifically designed for shipping. If otherwise packaged, the item will
only be accepted with a limited release form (to be signed at check-in),
releasing Air Canada of liability."

I have a padded, wheeled bag that I've used on US airlines. Will that be
accepted without a liability waiver?

Does anyone know what the limited liability release form is?

Dean

Old August 31st 04, 08:27 PM
Bruce Chang

"D" wrote in message ...
The Air Canada web site says:

"A set consists of one snowboard and one pair of boots. This set is
considered as one piece of checked baggage and no other item(s) can be
carried in the package ."

I pack clothes in my padded, wheeled board bag. That's not allowed?
Tools are not allowed in the board bag?

"The snowboard must be packaged in a rigid and/or hardshell container
specifically designed for shipping. If otherwise packaged, the item will
only be accepted with a limited release form (to be signed at check-in),
releasing Air Canada of liability."

I have a padded, wheeled bag that I've used on US airlines. Will that be
accepted without a liability waiver?

Does anyone know what the limited liability release form is?

Dean

I signed the LLR form when I flew with my snowboard. It's to keep them from
being liable of your snowboard is damaged. They are not liable for
accidental damage and even with normal baggage, if the luggage gets ripped
or torn, it is considered normal wear since the baggage is supposed to take
that kind of wear and damage. It's just part of it's job, to protect the
contents and keep them from getting out. A soft snowboard bag is more prone
to damage than a rigid bag. They have to cover their butts. They'll hand
carry the bag to the plane and load it but that doesn't mean it can't get
damaged in flight. If you don't think your board will survive, you should
get a hard snowboard bag. In answer to your questions, you can pack your
clothes, etc. with your board. I called and asked and the lady said she
didn't see it as a problem. I flew Delta. One person mentioned that if you
do pack your snowboard clothes with your snowboard and they lose your
snowboard, you won't have a board or clothes. You can always rent a board,
but buying clothes at the mountain is expensive. And to your second
question, you will have to sign the liability waiver.

-Bruce

Old September 1st 04, 02:20 PM
Tiburon27

If you are not happy with the service, change airlines. That pretty much
means you have sighed a waiver saying that their employees can steal your
s#!t and they won't do anything about it.

Old September 6th 04, 07:31 PM
MADMAX

"Tiburon27" wrote in message ...
If you are not happy with the service, change airlines. That pretty much
means you have sighed a waiver saying that their employees can steal your
s#!t and they won't do anything about it.

Tiburon... don't talk about something you have no clue about....

I work for a airline out here in Canada and the llrf's mean that we
are not responsible for how you have packed your item and if it is
damaged we do not cover the damage, however we still are responisble
for loss of the item.
If it is in a soft sided case then it is not packed properly as a
fragile item and a llrf will need to be signed. Your snowboard should
be fine... if you cant break it doing what you do on the mountain I
dont see how it is going ot break flying. Never heard of a snowboard
breaking on our airline...

Dave