Burton Gloves with wrist protection

Old December 16th 03, 05:12 PM
Savage

Default Burton Gloves with wrist protection

I was thinking of getting a pair of the new burton gloves with
built-in wrist protection, anyone tried a pair?
Old December 21st 03, 05:34 PM
Christopher Cox

A very interesting link, great information.
It however did not take into consideration that the limb would be
deflected due to the increased peak load capabilities of the protected
wrist.

Another question, why would Burton put the stint in front?

I personally where weight lifting gloves for protection.

Regards,

Chris.

Baka Dasai wrote:

On 17 Dec 2003 04:43:08 -0800, J.B. Memascii said (and I quote):

(Savage) wrote in message
e.com...

I was thinking of getting a pair of the new burton gloves with
built-in wrist protection, anyone tried a pair?

I managed to break my wrist using gloves (not Burton) with
built in protection. Guess I'll never know whether the same
fall would have caused an injury with dedicated wrist
protectors, but that's what I've gone back to using.

My gloves just had a single splint under the palm which
may not be sufficient.

This gives me another opportunity to mention my favourite
snowboarding-related link:-

"An Analysis of the Effect of a Snowboard Wrist Guard on the Dynamic
Impact Response of Human Cadaver Forearms"

http://asb-biomech.org/onlineabs/NACOB98/100/

Old December 21st 03, 10:40 PM
toddjb

(Savage) wrote in message . com...
I was thinking of getting a pair of the new burton gloves with
built-in wrist protection, anyone tried a pair?

I bought a pair of these Level Biomex protection gloves;

http://www.biomex-protection.com/sno...rd_gloves.html

I like them, and the wrist guard seems flexible and adjustable
enough to not do any harm in a fall, but rather just protect the wrist.
But like someone else said, you have to get the right fit or they
don't work. The wrist strap needs to be snug enough. It was a bit
annoying to try them on...the gloves that I thought were roomy enough
for easy access with a wet hand ended up being too big in the wrist
strap. So, they are a little tough halfway through the day when you're
hand it moist, but still worth using. The company can fix this by just
making the strap more adjustable (if you tighten it too much, you
run out of velcro - thus the reason for the proper fit).

-todd