Fracture update 3 or 4

Old June 13th 06, 03:28 AM

Ted Waldron wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

so she's got the awful
look and isn't even getting high out of the bargain.

That look she has is from smoking.

Feh. I smoked 3 packs a day for 30 years and I NEVER was that thin. I
would LOVE to be gaunt.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 13th 06, 12:56 PM

Vincent Walker wrote in
:

On 6/12/06 9:38 PM, in article
, "Ted Waldron"
wrote:

Molly Ivins is a syndicated columnist, she worked for the New York
Times at one time in the mid 70s to early 80s, and didn't have a
great relationship with the newspaper, (She became their Rocky
Mountain Bureau Chief, which she liked because it got her away from
New York) She hasn't work for the New York Times, its other papers
or the media company in almost 25 years.

I am guessing that you are confusing Maureen Dowd with Molly Ivins,
who wrote some of the most acerbic comments about the Lewinsky affair
than anyone else. I don't consider her at all liberal, compare to
NYT columnists Paul Krugman, Frank Rich and Bob Herbert.

Personally I take all columnists with a grain of salt. Their job
is
be confrontational. The only pundits I take seriously are the
Magliozzi brothers. Some of the "Onion" columnists are objective and
thought provoking as well.

It's possible (don't forget, I am from NY and read the Times on a
regular basis a long time ago). Time really flies when you get old and
sometimes I lose perspective about how long ago I read or did
something. It may be that the columns I've read by Ivins were
published in the Washington Post-It's been a long while. I stopped
reading pundits years ago. I've even stopped reading the WSJ
editorials. I'm just so tired of brainless ideologues.

Kinda puts you out of the running as a qualified judge of Ivins vs.
Coulter, no?

BTW, Jay Leno is hosting Coulter and George Carlin on Wednesday night.
Based on the kind of stuff that Coulter writes when she has all the time
she needs to think it over and (presumably) some form of editorial
oversight, I'm betting she's reduced to a twitching, screaming bundle of
invective within two minutes.
Old June 13th 06, 01:29 PM

Mary Malmros wrote:
Vincent Walker wrote in
:

On 6/12/06 9:38 PM, in article
, "Ted Waldron"
wrote:

[...]

we can only hope.
Old June 13th 06, 07:13 PM

Mary Malmros wrote:

Newsflash: Humpty Dumpty has just redefined the word "moron"! It now
means, "Anyone who doesn't agree with Vincent Walker"! Now GET WITH THE
PROGRAM, MORONS!

Well, since it was originally defined by a vote at a convention, I
suppose another vote could be taken easily enough. If enough voters
agree with Mr. Vincent's definition does it become official and binding
on dictionary editors? In particular, where does the OED stand on the
issue? Inquiring minds want to know.