Fracture update 3 or 4

Old June 12th 06, 11:21 PM

In article . com,
"Richard Henry" wrote:

My impression is _hot_ at first look

Personally I think she is always trying to one up her heroine, "The
Wicked Witch of the West". She just needs a crystal ball, and go around
with a broom, and address everyone as "My pretty". Why anyone pays
attention to anything she says, I have no idea.

OBski: Ann Coulter thinks that the US should annex Western Canada Ski
areas.
Old June 12th 06, 11:53 PM

Ted Waldron wrote:

"Richard Henry" wrote:

My impression is _hot_ at first look

Personally I think she is always trying to one up her heroine, "The
Wicked Witch of the West". She just needs a crystal ball, and go around
with a broom, and address everyone as "My pretty". Why anyone pays
attention to anything she says, I have no idea.

You gotta admit she's sharper and funnier than Molly Ivins. The local
fishwrap runs both columns on the same day, their version of
even-handedness.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 13th 06, 12:29 AM

"Richard Henry" wrote in
ups.com:

Mary Malmros wrote:
"Richard Henry" wrote in
ups.com:

The Real Bev wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:

Speaking of transvestites, does anyone else see the masculine
features all over Ann Coulter?

Large chin, adam's apple, broad shoulders, thin limbs. So people
say.

People say a lot of things. I say she's a different species
altogether. At least, I hope so. Heard her latest, about the 9/11
widows?

Actually, I partially mis-spoke. Some of the web bloggers are
advancing a case for post-operative transgender product.

My impression is _hot_ at first look. Then she opens her mouth.

My impression is of someone who's desperate for a heroin-chic body but has
Republican mores when it comes to street drugs...so she's got the awful
look and isn't even getting high out of the bargain. Add a power suit and
it all looks like a plate of warm cat whoop to me.
Old June 13th 06, 12:30 AM

Bob Lee wrote in
:

The Real Bev wrote:

Ted Waldron wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:

My impression is _hot_ at first look

Personally I think she is always trying to one up her heroine,
"The
Wicked Witch of the West". She just needs a crystal ball, and go
around with a broom, and address everyone as "My pretty". Why
anyone pays attention to anything she says, I have no idea.

You gotta admit she's sharper and funnier than Molly Ivins.

No I don't. Ann Coulter is a knee-jerk troll, Molly Ivans is
thoughtful and considers her words carefully.

What he said. Ann Coulter isn't even worthy to wash Molly Ivins' socks.
Old June 13th 06, 12:30 AM

Bob Lee wrote in
:

Bob Lee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Ted Waldron wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:

My impression is _hot_ at first look

Personally I think she is always trying to one up her heroine,
"The
Wicked Witch of the West". She just needs a crystal ball, and go
around with a broom, and address everyone as "My pretty". Why
anyone pays attention to anything she says, I have no idea.

You gotta admit she's sharper and funnier than Molly Ivins.

No I don't. Ann Coulter is a knee-jerk troll, Molly Ivans is
thoughtful and considers her words carefully.

Also, Coulter's a dude.

But the dude looks like a lady. Sorta.
Old June 13th 06, 12:32 AM

down_hill wrote in
:

Mary Malmros wrote:
Hey Michael, sorry I missed this when you first posted -- I've had
net.problems. I'm glad you're making progress (see, toldja so!).

Watch for that "burn" feeling as you up your activity level. It's a
sign to back off.

Live to ski another day,

The first time I walked 100 blocks, my leg felt like it was going to
fall off. But now that my son gave up walking and has moved on to
running I can at least keep up with him.

Heh.

I have spent the weekend potting up water plants and installing them
in the garden. Fertilizing lotus and water lilies, cleaning out filter
ponds, let my son touch his first tadpole. Some of my new shoots of
bamboo are close to 3.5 inches of diameter and will get near 35 to 40
feet tall they grow a couple of feet a day. That would make one hell
of a slalom pole.

They used to. Ever shin one of those? I don't recommend it.

My last doctors appointment on weds I asked the doctor when I could go
skydiving? He freaked said I will not answer that question. All I will
say is do not go before your next appointment with me!
I am planning to come up in July to Mt Snow area need to get fitted
for a new pair of racing boots.

Nifty -- who's doing the fitting?

Glad you're enjoying the summer -- it's a fine season.
Old June 13th 06, 01:17 AM

On 6/12/06 8:03 PM, in article ,
"Bob Lee" wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Ted Waldron wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:

My impression is _hot_ at first look

Personally I think she is always trying to one up her heroine, "The
Wicked Witch of the West". She just needs a crystal ball, and go around
with a broom, and address everyone as "My pretty". Why anyone pays
attention to anything she says, I have no idea.

You gotta admit she's sharper and funnier than Molly Ivins.

No I don't. Ann Coulter is a knee-jerk troll, Molly Ivans is thoughtful
and considers her words carefully.

Bob

Why would anyone listen to either one of these clowns? Actually the reason
is simple - validation of one's own preferences (predjudices whatever you
want to call them). Neither one has shown any ability to reflect upon the
more absurd behavior from their own political spectrum.

Ivans needs to consider her words more carefully. On many issues she is
really quite outrageous and ill-informed. The fact that she writes for the
NY Times doesn't make her valid. I don't consider her any better than
Coulter. Both have political agendas, make no bones about it and have zero
ability for self-reflection. Nowadays, there is no real intellectual debate,
it's selling the same old diatribe to their respective "choirs". The idea is
for free exchange of ideas, self reflection and formulate a workable
creditable strategy. All these idiots do is yell and scream at one another.
The only people I can even stomach today are Paul Gigot and David Brooks,
the rest of them are worse than useless. If you want to make the world a
better place, quit buying their garbage, literally and figuratively.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

PS; This means Rush Limbaugh, Al Franken, Hannity and Colmes, Bill O'Reilly,
Al Gore, Mark Shields et al

Old June 13th 06, 01:38 AM

In article ,
Vincent Walker wrote:

Ivans needs to consider her words more carefully. On many issues she is
really quite outrageous and ill-informed. The fact that she writes for the
NY Times doesn't make her valid.

????!?!?

Molly Ivins is a syndicated columnist, she worked for the New York
Times at one time in the mid 70s to early 80s, and didn't have a great
relationship with the newspaper, (She became their Rocky Mountain Bureau
Chief, which she liked because it got her away from New York) She
hasn't work for the New York Times, its other papers or the media
company in almost 25 years.

I am guessing that you are confusing Maureen Dowd with Molly Ivins,
who wrote some of the most acerbic comments about the Lewinsky affair
than anyone else. I don't consider her at all liberal, compare to NYT
columnists Paul Krugman, Frank Rich and Bob Herbert.

Personally I take all columnists with a grain of salt. Their job is
be confrontational. The only pundits I take seriously are the
Magliozzi brothers. Some of the "Onion" columnists are objective and
thought provoking as well.
Old June 13th 06, 02:00 AM

On 6/12/06 9:38 PM, in article
, "Ted Waldron"
wrote:

Molly Ivins is a syndicated columnist, she worked for the New York
Times at one time in the mid 70s to early 80s, and didn't have a great
relationship with the newspaper, (She became their Rocky Mountain Bureau
Chief, which she liked because it got her away from New York) She
hasn't work for the New York Times, its other papers or the media
company in almost 25 years.

I am guessing that you are confusing Maureen Dowd with Molly Ivins,
who wrote some of the most acerbic comments about the Lewinsky affair
than anyone else. I don't consider her at all liberal, compare to NYT
columnists Paul Krugman, Frank Rich and Bob Herbert.

Personally I take all columnists with a grain of salt. Their job is
be confrontational. The only pundits I take seriously are the
Magliozzi brothers. Some of the "Onion" columnists are objective and
thought provoking as well.

It's possible (don't forget, I am from NY and read the Times on a regular
basis a long time ago). Time really flies when you get old and sometimes I
lose perspective about how long ago I read or did something. It may be that
the columns I've read by Ivins were published in the Washington Post-It's
been a long while. I stopped reading pundits years ago. I've even stopped
reading the WSJ editorials. I'm just so tired of brainless ideologues.

Old June 13th 06, 02:42 AM

Bob Lee wrote:

Also, Coulter's a dude.

Bob

I have met a few transexuals in my life (San Diego seems to be a hotbed
for some reason - even read a paper once about a married couple that
swapped parts with each other). Anyway, there are some that are so
bleeding obvious (especially male-to-female switchers) that you wonder
if they can sue their doctors. Others I wouldn't know unless someone
told me. Ms. Coulter is believable as a pretty good product of a
skillful surgeon.