Anybody able to see live NRK web streams without paying?

Old December 5th 04, 10:57 AM
shreddir

Default Anybody able to see live NRK web streams without paying?

Last season I was able to watch a bunch of live Norwegian TV coverage of
all biathalon events and the World Cup XC races that were being hosted in
Norway on the NRK streaming media player. Now when I log on I get this
g**damm screen asking me to pay via credit card to view the event! I think
I might've screwed up a couple of weeks ago when I checked the box saying
something about " brukname og kenntwort" before I clicked the log in box.
I assumed their server would allow me to log in automatically by remembering
my password. Before I checked this box I always was able to connect
directly to the broadcast. Now I think they know I'm an American
connecting from outside Norway and maybe that's why I can't get in free?

I prefer to watch the NRK broadcasts because the bit rate stream is an ASF
format that is a higher resolution (980kbp +) than Jans mpeg files. I
believe he is converting off air PAL TV signals whereas the NRK stream is
digital all the way from their cameras so I can use stream ripping software
to capture original quality except for packet losses by crappy Comcast
service. All this plus the races are LIVE not a couple of days old.

So I'm asking whether any of you are still able to connect directly to the
stream without paying, and if so what's the trick?

Old December 5th 04, 11:56 AM
taywood

So I'm asking whether any of you are still able to connect directly to the
stream without paying, and if so what's the trick?

I've never tried it before, but I've just attempted to watch the
nordicombi from Trondheim and couldnt get past the Log In.
Mike (in UK)

Old December 5th 04, 06:54 PM
Lars

I was watching skiing live on my Nokia cell phone this weekend,
streamed from NRK2. I used a nokia7610 but it's much better with a
nokia6630

what a wonderful phone world. but yes, the resoluton sucks!

Old December 6th 04, 07:49 AM
shreddir

You must be talking about the TELE2 ADSL service which is a subscription
telephone internet service for mobile phones in Norway. That's not what I'm
asking about. I am trying to access the NettTV panel on the normal NRK site
using the transatlantic web routers from the US. What's this NRK2? Isn't
this simply a second over the air broadcast channel in Norway. Where's the
link to go to their site? If you are able to log in via your cell phone and
not pay extra it must be because your ADSL service is including the fees as
part of the subscription service. Maybe if I logged in using your
"Brukernavn" and "Passord" I could trick NRK into letting me connect to the
video stream?

om...

Old December 6th 04, 09:00 AM
Terje Mathisen

shreddir wrote:

You must be talking about the TELE2 ADSL service which is a subscription
telephone internet service for mobile phones in Norway. That's not what I'm
asking about. I am trying to access the NettTV panel on the normal NRK site
using the transatlantic web routers from the US. What's this NRK2? Isn't
this simply a second over the air broadcast channel in Norway. Where's the
link to go to their site? If you are able to log in via your cell phone and
not pay extra it must be because your ADSL service is including the fees as
part of the subscription service. Maybe if I logged in using your
"Brukernavn" and "Passord" I could trick NRK into letting me connect to the
video stream?

Lars is almost certainly talking about UMTS or similar high-speed
cellphone protocols, i.e. no wired/ADSL connection, but rather some sort
of 'pay-per-minute' cell phone charge. :-(

Terje

om...

--
-