1st Annual RSN "Gunde" Awards 2003

Old March 3rd 04, 01:51 PM
Tim Dudley

Default 1st Annual RSN "Gunde" Awards 2003

Ha! Great idea! Here are my votes:

The "Juha Mieto" Award for You're Too Big to Ski!
1)JW

The "Magnar Dalen" Award for Waxing Advice Excellence.
2)Roger Knight

The "Johann Muhlegg" Let's Talk About Me Award.
1) Jay Tegeder

The "Torbjorn Karlsen" Shameless Promotion Award.
1) Ian Harvey (Toko)

The "Bente Skari" Calm and Informative Posting Award.
3) Chris Cline

The "Jaques Rogge" Provocative Discussion Award.
3) Gene Goldenfeld

The "Ferry Grill" Technical Excellence Award.
tie:1) Janne G (mpeg downloads), 2) Zach Caldwell (grinding and waxing

The "Per Elofsson" Rookie of the Year Award.
3) David Tosi

The "Elena Vialbe" Where Have You Gone Award.
1) Bob Larson

The "Thomas Alsgaard" Fastest RSN Skier Award.
1) Nathan Schultz

The "Beckie Scott" Top Canadian Poster Award.
3) Peter Hoffmann

The "Mora Nisse Nils Karlsson" Top International Poster Award.
1) Janne G

Old March 3rd 04, 02:43 PM
Jeff Potter

His lines are always so long that I can't read em! Looks like I missed
out.

I like the idea of singling out posts but not posters. POTM and SSOM on
RBR is pretty good and funny sometimes.

wrote:

Only one vote: BEST OVERALL POSTER (period)---Chris Cline

--

Jeff Potter
****

... offering Vordenberg's XC ski tales in "Momentum"! ...
... "The Recumbent Bicycle": the only book about these bikes! ...
... Rudloe's "Potluck": true-life story of workingclass smuggling! ...

... with radical novels coming up via LiteraryRevolution.com! ...
... music! ... articles! ... travel forums! ... WOW! 800-763-6923

Old March 3rd 04, 03:41 PM
Terje Mathisen

Greg Fangel wrote:

The "Mora Nisse Nils Karlsson" Top International Poster Award.
1) Janne G
2) Anders Lustig
3) Terje Mathisen
4) Thomas Bystrom
5) Primoz

Terje Mathisen...someday, I hope to meet him. We are actually going to
Norway next week and will be in Sjoesjoen (sp?) to ski. My wife is

Thanks. We won't meet this time, unfortunately, we're invited to a
niece's birthday party on saturday.

doing the Inga Lami and the Birken. I've already done the Birken and
I'm going to ski for fun...lots of trails and no pressure.

Have a nice trip, conditions have been _really_ great now, last week was
winter break for Oslo, we spent a long weekend at our cabin above Rjukan.

I'll post a few panoramic photos just to make you all envious. :-)

Terje

--
-
Old March 3rd 04, 03:53 PM
sknyski

Hey T-M: Looks like we got left off Jay's prestigious list. While we
may not be considered valued contributors to r.s.n, we can take
consolation in the fact that we're not rollerskiing in February, like
folks in the midwest often have to do.

bt
Old March 3rd 04, 04:48 PM
Fitzgerald

Another vote for Chris Cline for BEST OVERALL POSTER
Nathan 2nd
Zach 3rd

Old March 3rd 04, 04:52 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

Jay, up to mischief again? No open nominations or write-ins? Oh,
better shut up, Gene, he'll think you're being provocative.

GG

Jay Tegeder wrote:

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

Welcome to the voting process for the First Annual RSN "Gunde" Awards.
Please read the following categories and make you pick for one
candidate only... The winners will recieve the "Gunde" Award for 2003.
These awards are named for the Swedish great, Gunde Svan. Remember,
vote for one person per category.

Old March 3rd 04, 06:39 PM
John Hart

wrote:

Only one vote: BEST OVERALL POSTER (period)---Chris Cline

Jeff Potter

(snip of OYB stuff)

Jeff,

If you are talking about Chris Cline it should be: HER lines...

John
Old March 3rd 04, 06:59 PM
taywood

The "Ferry Grill" Technical Excellence Award.
1) Janne G (mpeg downloads) And ON THE LAST DAY GOD CREATED JANNE G -

and gave him a good computer to UPLOAD SKI VIDEO !!!!!!Y AAYYY

Amen to that

Old March 3rd 04, 10:16 PM
Jay Tegeder

The "Gunde" Awards are not a popularity contest... Well, maybe they
are... Anyway, it can be good to be left off the list... How would you
like to be me, leading the "Johann Muhlegg" Let's Talk About Me
Award... Did I tell you about the time I beat Wenner in the '95
Birkie? Oops! Now I know why I'm leading that category...

Next year I hope to confer with the selection panel about more awards
like "The Jonathan Slouber" Top California Poster... How about;

1) Bryant Tolles...

Jay Tegeder
Like ski racing, not everyone can win a "Gunde". I'm just the
spokesperson and didn't take part in the selection process...

Old March 3rd 04, 11:09 PM
Jeff Potter

Fitzgerald wrote:

Another vote for Chris Cline for BEST OVERALL POSTER

Hey, Chris (and John): I never knew! The Net is blind, baby.

Nathan 2nd
Zach 3rd

This season Zach wins for his "pressure sensitivity of ski tips" review
post. : ) That was some hardcore ski lore verbage. More! : )

Pete and Trond get good "flash appearance" awards of substance. : )

--

Jeff Potter
****