WTB: Marwe 610 skate rollerskis / Pilot

Old September 1st 04, 05:20 AM
David Snyder

Default WTB: Marwe 610 skate rollerskis / Pilot

Looking for pair of Marwe 610 skate rollerskis preferably with Pilot
bindings.

Please email me with any leads, etc.

Thanks!

Old September 7th 04, 07:15 PM
Nathan Schultz

Hi David,

Finn Sisu in St Paul, MN imports and sells Marwe. I'm guessing that
you're looking for used skis, though....

I would recommend ponying up the extra cash for new ones. Used
rollerskis are a bad idea - they just seem to wear out with use and a new
pair of wheels usually costs more than an entire setup. A brand new pair of
rollerskis will roll straight and smoothly, while used skis usually have
some slight issue that causes slight to severe steering problems, bearing
issues, etc. Replacing one or two wheels usually puts the cost of your used
setup over the new setup anyway, so if you're going to use them at all
seriously, it is just better to throw down from the start.

Good luck,

Nathan
. ..

Old September 8th 04, 03:19 AM
jim farrell

Nathan Schultz wrote:
Hi David,

Finn Sisu in St Paul, MN imports and sells Marwe. I'm guessing that
you're looking for used skis, though....

Used
rollerskis are a bad idea - they just seem to wear out with use and a new
pair of wheels usually costs more than an entire setup.

Without a qualifier? I have purchased five pair of used roller skis off
the classified ads on skinny ski and silent sports. They have all been
great and have had minimal wheel wear. I bought two pair of marwe (610
--- wheels last forever --- and the classic marwe --- what a delight!)
I bought them from a female biathlete who was giving up the sport, post
major injury.
I bought two pair (marwe 610 and v2 920) from a gal who skied in hight
school but didn't really continue in college (snowless campus). and i
bought a pair of wide wheel marwe skate rollers that i swear still had
the rubber ridges from the seam in the die down the center of the
wheels. They all are great runners, great buys (half price with
bindings) and i haven't worm them down much either.

of course, i have to get back to training if i am going to be any good
this winter.

ps: why did i buy five pair? I once had a wife that i got into roller
skiing.