nordictrack ankle strap

Old May 7th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default nordictrack ankle strap

Have any nordictrack ski machine users out there seen an ankle strap
that will keep your foot securely in place? If one is not available,
I'm going to make one out of webbing and buckles. Best would be

I know there's long running debate on this, so let me just say - I use
the machine for a workout, not to simulate skiing. If you have
already learned to ski properly, I don't think it hurts technique.

Old May 7th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On May 6, 8:11 pm, wrote:
Have any nordictrack ski machine users out there seen an ankle strap
that will keep your foot securely in place? If one is not available,
I'm going to make one out of webbing and buckles. Best would be

I know there's long running debate on this, so let me just say - I use
the machine for a workout, not to simulate skiing. If you have
already learned to ski properly, I don't think it hurts technique.

Gee, I've never needed anything other than the crude toe strap and
rubber pad on the Nordic Track "skis", though I briefly considered
making some "skis" of wood with bindings mounted for use with my
boots. Do you have trouble with your feet slipping off?

Randy

Old May 8th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On May 6, 10:01 pm, "
wrote:
On May 6, 8:11 pm, wrote:

Have any nordictrack ski machine users out there seen an ankle strap
that will keep your foot securely in place? If one is not available,
I'm going to make one out of webbing and buckles. Best would be

I know there's long running debate on this, so let me just say - I use
the machine for a workout, not to simulate skiing. If you have
already learned to ski properly, I don't think it hurts technique.

Gee, I've never needed anything other than the crude toe strap and
rubber pad on the Nordic Track "skis", though I briefly considered
making some "skis" of wood with bindings mounted for use with my
boots. Do you have trouble with your feet slipping off?

Randy

Not a big problem but sometimes have to readjust position - I found
an easy solution - I'm just making an adjustable ankle strap which is
anchored at the plastic toe cup. I also heard of a guy setting up
bindings, but I don't think it's close enough to classic x country to
warrant doing so. The benefit, if any, wouldn't warrant the expense
and time. I heard this from a nordictrack parts company which was
told by the customer that he spent $300 converting his machine for use
with bindings and boots.

Old May 9th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jim[_3_]

My experience is if you properly unweight your forward driving foot it
will seat
correctly in the tow cup everytime. I always thought this was a good
design
feature because it forced you to use good technique.

Jim

Old May 9th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

My first thought was something similar to Jim's. But then, I wonder if
the problem you're trying to address isn't that of the slop created by
the leg going back. Unlike with a ski binding, the toe holder cannot
fully follow the foot and so there's readjustment coming forward each
time. I recall my foot slipping out of the toe holder from time to time.
I think that problem is inherent in the design of any machine with
individual leg motion. With the Nordic Track, though, I'm not seeing why
you'd want to limit your leg motion with an ankle strap.

rm

Jim wrote:

My experience is if you properly unweight your forward driving foot it
will seat
correctly in the tow cup everytime. I always thought this was a good
design
feature because it forced you to use good technique.

Jim

Twisted Ankle EdV Nordic Skiing 7 December 8th 06 12:10 AM
High Boots vs. Ankle Strength/Balance JJ Nordic Skiing 33 December 7th 06 03:44 AM
Ankle injury chuck Snowboarding 2 November 4th 06 11:16 PM
Ankle Fracture m and m Nordic Skiing 7 September 25th 04 12:12 PM