Dead?

Old November 18th 05, 09:26 PM

Default Dead?

Or just resting?

Old November 19th 05, 06:11 AM

Just waiting for someone to show up.

I _could_ drive up to K-Mart tomorrow...

NowhereMan wrote:

Or just resting?

Old November 19th 05, 11:15 PM

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
Just waiting for someone to show up.

I _could_ drive up to K-Mart tomorrow...

NowhereMan wrote:

Or just resting?

Let me know if it worth the trip up 7.5 hour drive time. When will Mt.Snow
open or is it open?
Thanks,

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old November 20th 05, 09:57 PM

NowhereMan wrote:

Or just resting?

Let me know if it worth the trip up 7.5 hour drive time. When will Mt.Snow
open or is it open?

Well, the latest tentative date is Thanksgiving Day. Stratton and
Bromley are in like state -- I picked up some gossip last night at a
party. Both are hoping to open Thanksgiving plus or minus a day. It
might even happen, too -- everybody's been snowmaking at night whenever
temps have permitted. And, as much as the daytime temps are not what we
want to see, when the sun goes down the temperature drops like a rock.
I don't know that I'd plan on Thanksgiving, but you might want to keep a
weather eye out and keep Saturday and Sunday free. It looks like we've
got a couple of storms headed this way this week, one supposed to arrive
around Tuesday that looks like it will be heavy rain, and one due to
arrive Wednesday night or Thursday morning that could be snow. Forecast
for West Dover for Thanksgiving currently says, "Snow likely, highs in
the lower 30s, chance of snow 70 percent". And then it's supposed to
stay cold through the weekend.

As for Killington, I didn't go, but you might want to check out
iheartskiing.com, which is turning into a pretty good source of
early-condition reports and rumors.

Old November 21st 05, 09:50 AM

NowhereMan wrote:

[...]

Mary, thanks for the info.