Reporter seeks Bay Area skiers

Old January 10th 05, 12:09 AM
Glennda

Default Reporter seeks Bay Area skiers

.... Hi all. I'm writing a story for Monday's paper about the big snow
dump in the Sierra, upcoming weather, etc. and am looking for Bay Area
skiers to interview. If you're interested please shoot me an email or
a call.

Thanks,

Glennda Chui

408-920-5453

Old January 10th 05, 12:12 AM
VtSkier

Glennda wrote:
... Hi all. I'm writing a story for Monday's paper about the big snow
dump in the Sierra, upcoming weather, etc. and am looking for Bay Area
skiers to interview. If you're interested please shoot me an email or
a call.

Thanks,

Glennda Chui

408-920-5453

You must be kidding. If they are worth interviewing,
they are all out skiing. I'm responding from the
snow-deprived east coast.

VtSkier
Old January 10th 05, 12:24 AM
Glennda

Ha! Yeah, that is a basic problem with doing this story at this
particular time.
You don't have snow back there? I thought you had a bunch.

glennda

Old January 10th 05, 12:31 AM
VtSkier

Glennda wrote:
Ha! Yeah, that is a basic problem with doing this story at this
particular time.
You don't have snow back there? I thought you had a bunch.

glennda

Depends on where you are. At Killington, we had pretty much
zilch until Thursday. Skiing on machine made snow, don't
you know. We got 6 inches on Thursday and another 6
yesterday and last night. You wouldn't believe how happy
everyone was today. Course we did add a picture perfect
day to 12 inches of new snow. Also another rarity in
the east.

The storms lately have been tracking south of us. Connecticut
has been dumped on. The storms have also been of the liquid
snow variety, which then freezes into really hard crust.
Some people call this ice. We say it ain't ice unless you
can see a fish through it. But then this year, some of that
stuff HAS been transparent.

VtSkier
Old January 10th 05, 12:41 AM
Glennda

Sigh. I'm jealous. I haven't skiied since my pre-kid days, which would
be about 15 years ago. Just talked to someone who said they were
skiing today in powder over their heads. ay!
Hope you get some good snow soon.

Glennda

Old January 10th 05, 12:47 AM
Glennda

Great idea! I haven't skiied in years, since before I had kids.

Can we talk on the phone for a minute? My deadline approaches.

Glennda

Old January 10th 05, 12:47 AM
Glennda

Old January 10th 05, 01:05 AM
lal_truckee

Glennda wrote:
... Hi all. I'm writing a story for Monday's paper about the big snow
dump in the Sierra, upcoming weather, etc. and am looking for Bay Area
skiers to interview. If you're interested please shoot me an email or
a call.

Powder days after days ...
Thing to do is through away your taperecorder and your job and get up to
the slopes. I'd talk to you on the lifts - I bet several people would
take the time, as long as you didn't try to cut into their runs ...

Thanks,

Glennda Chui

408-920-5453

Old January 10th 05, 01:57 AM
Jim Strohm

Glennda wrote:

Ha! Yeah, that is a basic problem with doing this story at this
particular time.

At least you understand THAT little detail. I hope your editor is as
quick on the uptake.

In the meantime, you could probably scribble up an awfully funny
enterprise story about what skiiers eat when it's snowing like hell.
Most of us here are unabashed eaters with ravenous appetites and amazing
recipes.

It'd work nicely in your Food section ... if you leave out the more
bizarre ramen recipes...

Jimintexus

testing a ski recipe as I type this
Old January 10th 05, 02:25 AM
Glennda

Good idea! What are you cooking?
I'll never forget sitting across from a couple of French guys in the
dining room at Squaw. One of them pulled out a big old onion, sliced
it up and proceeded to eat it raw!

Glennda