PENNSYLVANIA DAILY SKI REPORT

Old January 9th 05, 10:29 AM
WillyJ2714

Default PENNSYLVANIA DAILY SKI REPORT

Dear Comrads,

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends - come inside, come
inside. Sorry, couldn't resist...
I know, it's been a while - but what is out there to report on? I was going to
go for a day's trek up to Blue new year's eve day, but it was kinda warm and
rainy. I know, I know - the conditions were a little better a bit north - but
who knew? With all of my sarcasm the past few years, I think I'm going to turn
the corner today a bit. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the operators
of our hills. You won't find me on a slope on a weekend here in the Keystone
state - and with yesterday's rain I find it hard for anyone to want to
experience our almost thousand foot drops (oops - there I go again!). The wife
and I yesterday went into a local ski shop and that was pretty barren too. And
it's not going to get any colder anytime sooner here too. Fifty degrees I hear
for tomorrow. Where are my inline skates? Oh well, we're off to Vail in a
week - see you there!
Old January 10th 05, 05:57 PM
Chuck

WillyJ2714 wrote:
[...]

In short, PA skiing sucks this year. No natural snow, lows in the 40's
and 50's. Is this January or April?

I did hear we're finally supposed to get a hard freeze this weekend.
Maybe they'll be able to blow a foot or so of manmade on top of the
slop they're passing off as snow by Sunday when I'm finally gonna get my
first turns.
--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"
Old January 10th 05, 06:13 PM
Walt

Chuck wrote:
WillyJ2714 wrote:

Dear Comrads, snip

In short, PA skiing sucks this year. No natural snow, lows in the 40's
and 50's. Is this January or April?

I was at Jack Frost & Big Boulder in late December. Not everything was
open, but there was certainly enough to ski on. And even though it was
XMas week, there were no lift lines whatsoever. All in all, a pretty
good excursion by PA standards - and much preferable to spending all day
standing in line at Vail.

I did hear we're finally supposed to get a hard freeze this weekend.
Maybe they'll be able to blow a foot or so of manmade on top of the
slop they're passing off as snow by Sunday when I'm finally gonna get my
first turns.

If you wait for perfect conditions and you live in PA, you'll never ski.

--
//-Walt
//