Rossignol boots Salto STS

Old November 17th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
remove y

Default Rossignol boots Salto STS

A lot of time has been spend trying to find the replacement screw on
pieces ( toe and rear on the sole) for these boots that take the walking
strain and wear on road surfaces. They are probably 10 years old. The
web sites that I find never have anything like is needed even for up
to date boots.

And no one has bothered to reply to my enquiries

Am I wasting my time looking? Anyone ever changed these parts?

The problems are that I find these boots very comfortable and I suspect
that I am getting too old to buy another pair and will not get enough
use out of a new pair.

And money is tight.
--
Paul Kelly
pauldotkellyatmcbdotnet
Old November 17th 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:51:00 +0000, remove y
wrote:

A lot of time has been spend trying to find the replacement screw on
pieces ( toe and rear on the sole) for these boots that take the walking
strain and wear on road surfaces. They are probably 10 years old. The
web sites that I find never have anything like is needed even for up
to date boots.

And no one has bothered to reply to my enquiries

Am I wasting my time looking?

I would say so, yes. Replacement parts are generally available within
the manufacturing lifetime and perhaps for a short time afterwards,
but the market is so small that even existing spares would not be kept
for very long.

Anyone ever changed these parts?

Never been able to find replacements once they've worn out :-(

The problems are that I find these boots very comfortable and I suspect
that I am getting too old to buy another pair and will not get enough
use out of a new pair.

Modern boots do tend to be much more comfortable, so if you don't want
to buy new ones you would probably be able to rent ones that work for
you in most decent resort ski shops.

And money is tight.

Ah.
--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
Old November 17th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Michael Chare

"remove y" wrote in message
A lot of time has been spend trying to find the replacement screw on
pieces ( toe and rear on the sole) for these boots that take the walking
strain and wear on road surfaces. They are probably 10 years old. The web
sites that I find never have anything like is needed even for up to date
boots.

And no one has bothered to reply to my enquiries

Am I wasting my time looking? Anyone ever changed these parts?

The problems are that I find these boots very comfortable and I suspect
that I am getting too old to buy another pair and will not get enough use
out of a new pair.

And money is tight.
--
Paul Kelly
pauldotkellyatmcbdotnet

I got some spare parts for some Salomon boots when they were that age or
maybe older.

Ring Rossigmol themselves or try a real shop.

--
Michael Chare

Old November 17th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Michael Chare wrote:
"remove y" wrote in message
[...]

I have some very old boots that are very comfortable. When I bought my
new skis I thought there was a problem with the also-new bindings
because I wasn't clicking into them very easily.

Went back to the shop and told them the problem and they sorted it out
straight away with new heel pieces out of their workshop, no charge.

This was in Courchevel 1850. Big shop just across the road from the
lifts near that nice bar that all the Brits like. When I get over this
senior moment I'll remember the name :/
Old November 17th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:38:14 +0100, BrritSki
wrote:

This was in Courchevel 1850. Big shop just across the road from the
lifts near that nice bar that all the Brits like. When I get over this
senior moment I'll remember the name :/

I know the bar you mean. It's, err.... on the tip of my tongue,
honest. Is the shop in/near the building with the big mural on the
wall? I've a vague idea it's called Jean Blanc Sports but ICBW.

--
-Pip
Old November 18th 09, 08:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

wrote:

This was in Courchevel 1850. Big shop just across the road from the
lifts near that nice bar that all the Brits like. When I get over this
senior moment I'll remember the name :/

I know the bar you mean. It's, err.... on the tip of my tongue,
honest. Is the shop in/near the building with the big mural on the
wall? I've a vague idea it's called Jean Blanc Sports but ICBW.

Yes I think that's it...
Old November 18th 09, 08:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_4_]

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
"remove y" wrote in message
[...]

If all else fails you could try searching ebay, etc., for a s/h pair -
surprising how much gear gets little use and ends up being sold.

If you were lucky enough to find a pair going for peanuts you'd have a
source of otherwise obsolete spares...

Roger
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude

Old November 20th 09, 04:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul Kelly[_2_]

In message , Pip Luscher
writes
wrote:

This was in Courchevel 1850. Big shop just across the road from the
lifts near that nice bar that all the Brits like. When I get over this
senior moment I'll remember the name :/

I know the bar you mean. It's, err.... on the tip of my tongue,
honest. Is the shop in/near the building with the big mural on the
wall? I've a vague idea it's called Jean Blanc Sports but ICBW.

If it was this shop they were lousy with some boarders mittens last year
but really did me a favour as the British supplier had what was needed
at a discount price this summer.

--
Paul Kelly
Old November 20th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Paul Kelly wrote:
In message , Pip Luscher
writes
wrote:

This was in Courchevel 1850. Big shop just across the road from the
lifts near that nice bar that all the Brits like. When I get over this
senior moment I'll remember the name :/

I know the bar you mean. It's, err.... on the tip of my tongue,
honest. Is the shop in/near the building with the big mural on the
wall? I've a vague idea it's called Jean Blanc Sports but ICBW.

If it was this shop they were lousy with some boarders mittens last year
but really did me a favour as the British supplier had what was needed
at a discount price this summer.

None of the shops in 1850 are cheap - but if it avoids a new pair of
boots...
Old December 31st 09, 01:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
remove y

In message , remove y
writes
A lot of time has been spend trying to find the replacement screw on
pieces ( toe and rear on the sole) for these boots that take the
walking strain and wear on road surfaces. They are probably 10 years
old. The web sites that I find never have anything like is needed
even for up to date boots.

And no one has bothered to reply to my enquiries

Am I wasting my time looking? Anyone ever changed these parts?

The problems are that I find these boots very comfortable and I suspect
that I am getting too old to buy another pair and will not get enough
use out of a new pair.

And money is tight.

Thanks to all those who gave advice. At different times of day there is
not one word of the given advice that I'd not agree with and I thank you
all for considering the problem and especial word of thanks to those who
kept me at the task of finding bits. Quite few of you did that.

I have fallen lucky and got a note from AMG as follows:

Hi, Paul. We have spares available for this boot.
If you send me your address I will arrange for the parts to be sent out
to you. Regards Andrew Mooney Customer Service AMG Group Ltd. Kelburn
Business Park Port Glasgow PA14 6TD 01475 746 066
Please respond to -
http://www.amg-group.co.uk/

and a special thank you to Andrew. Sounds a good guy. Look at their
web site and tell us what is useful.
--
PK
pauldotkellyatmcbdotnet