hip replacement

Old February 6th 04, 06:29 PM
kayakclc

Default hip replacement

Just curious, is anyone skating after having hip replacement surgery?
If so, how's it going?
Old February 7th 04, 09:48 PM
Philip Nelson

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:29:16 -0800, kayakclc wrote:

Just curious, is anyone skating after having hip replacement surgery?
If so, how's it going?

Skipost had some testimonials about the experience. I think I knew two of
the people quoted in that article. I also know a third. The first guy was
a hard driving competitor who had his done around the age of 43. He now
trains classic more than he did, and skied the last Birkie classic, but
skates as well. From what I know, some pain, but much better than before
the surgery. The second person had hers done around age 50. I haven't
heard much from her, but believe she skis both skate and classic now, but
is not racing, which she had before. She has been a little disapointed
with the results, though she doesn't talk about it much. The third was a
guy who had his done aaround age 65. He hadn't skated much before the
surgery and doesn't skate at all now, but has skied in the world masters
since the surgery, happily competing to not be the last skier in.

Old February 9th 04, 02:49 PM
kayakclc

Philip Nelson wrote in message news:pan.2004.02.07.22.48.18.101000@n0spaMMyahoo. com...
[...]

Thanks for the input, I'll check skipost out. Since I'm only 40 I'm
happy to hear of guy who had it at 43.
Old February 9th 04, 03:40 PM
kayakclc

Philip Nelson wrote in message news:pan.2004.02.07.22.48.18.101000@n0spaMMyahoo. com...

Skipost had some testimonials about the experience.

I thought I could find this but have had no luck. Could you point me
in the right direction?

thanks