It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again

Old January 22nd 11, 11:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

Default It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Ta.
--
-Pip
Old January 25th 11, 04:34 PM
AlexWolfen AlexWolfen is offline
Banned

Location: United States

Mike are you there?
Old January 26th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:23:29 +0000, Pip Luscher
wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
Old January 26th 11, 03:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and everything
gets charged to your UK credit card.

No need to open window, no queues (until some numpty goes in the wrong
lane) and at some peages no need to even stop now as you can sail
through at around 30kph just like you've been able to do at ALL the
tolls in Italy for years.
Old January 26th 11, 08:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

Ah, OK, ta.

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Well, that was my concern, actually: that the blue symbols might mean
something like 'Telepeage' not 'Credit cards welcome'.

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and everything
gets charged to your UK credit card.

Hmm. I suspect that for one trip a year it might not be worth it,
unfortunately, unless one can obtain some sort of limited-lifespan
card. I'm assuming here that 'monthly fee' means a sort of rental for
every month you have the card.

--
-Pip
Old January 27th 11, 08:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_4_]

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

Ah, OK, ta.

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and everything
gets charged to your UK credit card.

Hmm. I suspect that for one trip a year it might not be worth it,

Despite living in France we only do one or two péage trips per year
too, so have never been bothered enough to go with that option either.

unfortunately, unless one can obtain some sort of limited-lifespan
card. I'm assuming here that 'monthly fee' means a sort of rental for
every month you have the card.

There are various option, including one with a monthly fee of Eu1.50
only for those months you actually use it. 10 Eu start-up though.

Old January 27th 11, 08:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_4_]

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:56:25 +0100, Ace
wrote:

There are various option, including one with a monthly fee of Eu1.50
only for those months you actually use it. 10 Eu start-up though.

Ooops, forgot link:
http://www.telepeagepourtous.fr/fr/particulier
Old January 27th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_3_]

To answer your original question, the blue card signs denote lanes with
card-reader machines, BUT you can still hand your card to a human in the box
beside another lane (but not a télépéage one with the large T symbol in
orange). Only complication is that some older machines still rely on reading
the magnetic strip rather than the chip, which caught me out while exiting
the A10 Poitiers Sud, as my card strip was a little 'tired' - should all
work more efficiently in Eastern France, though.

Sorted. Bonne Route!

Roger
www.mountainpassions.com

Old January 30th 11, 08:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and everything
gets charged to your UK credit card.

No need to open window, no queues (until some numpty goes in the wrong
lane) and at some peages no need to even stop now as you can sail through
at around 30kph just like you've been able to do at ALL the tolls in Italy
for years.

Is there a 'european' option (in my case Italy and France) so that I can use
the Telepeage/Viapass from one account?

Cheers

Paul S

Old January 30th 11, 11:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

On 30/01/2011 08:53, Paul S wrote:

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and
everything gets charged to your UK credit card.

No need to open window, no queues (until some numpty goes in the wrong
lane) and at some peages no need to even stop now as you can sail
through at around 30kph just like you've been able to do at ALL the
tolls in Italy for years.

Is there a 'european' option (in my case Italy and France) so that I can
use the Telepeage/Viapass from one account?

Not that I'm aware of. We have sanef for France and a separate telepass
for Italy.

Passing Someone in French Jon[_3_] Nordic Skiing 9 February 24th 10 04:03 PM
French resorts Excess Nordic Skiing 0 December 13th 07 07:34 PM
French holidays Pip Luscher European Ski Resorts 1 August 26th 05 09:08 PM
UK - French Alps on TGV Roger European Ski Resorts 18 November 21st 04 07:04 PM
Next time I'll pay more attention to the half-time show Dave Stallard Alpine Skiing 15 February 4th 04 04:38 AM