RSAM moderation failure???

Old October 14th 03, 01:16 PM
Walt

Default RSAM moderation failure???

None of my posts to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated are going through. I
have not received any rejection messages, the posts just disappear.

Anybody know what's going on?

--
//-Walt
//
Old October 14th 03, 04:44 PM
lal truckee

Walt wrote:
None of my posts to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated are going through. I
have not received any rejection messages, the posts just disappear.

Anybody know what's going on?

Not sure - I had a reject a couple of days ago from the german server
claiming the forwarding address wasn't found, but a re-post on the same
path went right through. What server are you using?

Old October 14th 03, 08:06 PM
Walt

lal truckee wrote:

Walt wrote:
None of my posts to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated are going through. I
have not received any rejection messages, the posts just disappear.

Anybody know what's going on?

Not sure - I had a reject a couple of days ago from the german server
claiming the forwarding address wasn't found, but a re-post on the same
path went right through. What server are you using?

If you bothered to look in the headers of any of my posts, it's right
there. With very few exceptions [road trips, etc.] it's been the same
for as long as I've been hanging around here.

Of course, if *I* bothered to look in the headers of an RSAM message,
I'd see

I'll take it up with the official channels and see if I get anywhere.
mMeanwhile, keep an eye out for posts from me in the moderators'
inbox...

--
//-Walt
//
Old October 14th 03, 09:07 PM
lal truckee

Walt wrote:

If you bothered to look in the headers of any of my posts, it's right
there.

I don't want to fall into the trap of studiously reading headers trying
to discern ... well, never mind, you get the picture.

I hope we can track down and fix any problems posting to rsam - it looks
like we might need the option ...

Old October 14th 03, 10:49 PM
Walt

lal truckee wrote:

Walt wrote:

If you bothered to look in the headers of any of my posts, it's right
there.

I don't want to fall into the trap of studiously reading headers trying
to discern ... well, never mind, you get the picture.

I hope we can track down and fix any problems posting to rsam - it looks
like we might need the option ...

Well, let's hope "we" can get it resolved before the first dump of the
season. I'd hate to waste people's time fiddling with computers when
there's turns to be had...

(BTW, I just tried another post to rsam - looks like it's still broken)

--
//-Walt
//
Old October 14th 03, 11:14 PM
lal truckee

Walt wrote:

(BTW, I just tried another post to rsam - looks like it's still broken)

Me too - one went through, one bounced - both went to the german server,
which is who bounced the bouncee, and who forwarded the success. Makes
no dam sense to me. The mail portal itself may be flaky, but we don't
yet know; I just tried a direct mail post of the bounced msg, just to
see if it is rejected by the mail portal. I suspect it won't link
properly, tho.

ObSki The weather is slightly cooler, always a good sign.

Old October 15th 03, 12:30 AM
AstroPax

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:14:00 -0700, lal truckee
wrote:

Walt wrote:

(BTW, I just tried another post to rsam - looks like it's still broken)

Me too - one went through, one bounced - both went to the german server,
which is who bounced the bouncee, and who forwarded the success. Makes
no dam sense to me. The mail portal itself may be flaky, but we don't
yet know; I just tried a direct mail post of the bounced msg, just to
see if it is rejected by the mail portal. I suspect it won't link
properly, tho.

ObSki The weather is slightly cooler, always a good sign.

I successfully posted two articles to RSAM today, however, one of them
took a few minutes longer than normal.

Seems to be working fine, for me.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Old October 15th 03, 01:00 AM
The Real Bev

Walt wrote:

lal truckee wrote:

Walt wrote:

If you bothered to look in the headers of any of my posts, it's right
there.

I don't want to fall into the trap of studiously reading headers trying
to discern ... well, never mind, you get the picture.

I hope we can track down and fix any problems posting to rsam - it looks
like we might need the option ...

Well, let's hope "we" can get it resolved before the first dump of the
season. I'd hate to waste people's time fiddling with computers when
there's turns to be had...

(BTW, I just tried another post to rsam - looks like it's still broken)

Not rsam's problem, I posted to it and lal replied.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old October 15th 03, 01:27 AM
The Real Bev

The Real Bev wrote:

Walt wrote:

lal truckee wrote:

Walt wrote:

If you bothered to look in the headers of any of my posts, it's right
there.

I don't want to fall into the trap of studiously reading headers trying
to discern ... well, never mind, you get the picture.

I hope we can track down and fix any problems posting to rsam - it looks
like we might need the option ...

Well, let's hope "we" can get it resolved before the first dump of the
season. I'd hate to waste people's time fiddling with computers when
there's turns to be had...

(BTW, I just tried another post to rsam - looks like it's still broken)

Not rsam's problem, I posted to it and lal replied.

Update: I tried to reply to lal twice, and the German server bounced
both attempts. Error message:

mail failed, returning to sender
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:22:57 +0200 (MEST)
To:
|------------------------- Failed addresses follow:
---------------------|
... transport
inet_zone_bind_smtp: 550 5.1.1
... User unknown

Cheers,
Bev
Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

Follow up: V2 Aero 150 Frame failure BeeCharmer Nordic Skiing 12 December 6th 03 12:21 AM
V2 Aero 150 Frame failure BeeCharmer Nordic Skiing 4 November 21st 03 07:27 PM
rsam question pigo Alpine Skiing 25 September 17th 03 01:41 AM
Missing O Rings, The Resaon For Aero SR 125 Tire Failure? Me Nordic Skiing 0 August 12th 03 10:28 PM
Boot toe bar failure? [was: Highcountry Skating (was: For inspiration: a true viking breaks a record)] Scott Elliot Nordic Skiing 5 August 8th 03 05:51 PM