Poll - What should I do about Scott Abraham's physical threat

Old January 7th 06, 05:40 AM

"dizzy" wrote in message

"foot2foot" wrote in message

Don't they have those arm guard things as well?

Slalom racers normally don't use arm guards but pole guards mounted on
their poles. So if they lose poles and gloves ...

I think I like the full US football pads idea myself.

Old January 9th 06, 09:01 PM

Yet another example of why Janica Kostelic is THE best ever ski racer
ever anywhere ever.

Go Janica!!!
--
Marty

Old January 9th 06, 09:48 PM

foot2foot wrote:

I think I like the full US football pads idea myself.

Don't think... you'll weaken the team.

Old January 9th 06, 09:54 PM

Marty wrote:

Yet another example of why Janica Kostelic is THE best ever ski racer
ever anywhere ever.

Oh, Marty, _do_ stop smoking crack.

What do you think about what she's doing right now? Playing injured and
sandbagging is my take on it. And then, come the Olympics, ta da!
That's what she did in '02 after all.

Old January 9th 06, 09:59 PM

You really think that's what she's doing?
--
Marty

Old January 9th 06, 10:27 PM

Marty wrote:

You really think that's what she's doing?

Let's put it this way: I think it's an explanation that fits a behavior
pattern that has not just been seen this season.

I also wonder about _why_ she's had so many injuries.

Old January 10th 06, 02:07 AM

Marty wrote:
Seen by who?

Seen by anybody who watches the patterns. And BTW, Marty, including
context is good if you want to have a discussion.

Sandbagging and faking injury (if I'm reading you correctly) at that
level of competition - how would that help Janica win the overall?

Don't ask me, ask Michaela Dorfmeister -- or any of the others who have
brought it up.

Unless all she cares about are the Olympics, which I doubt.

Maybe she does. Maybe she thinks she doesn't have what it takes to win
another overall, but that she could win a few big events.

As for why so many injuries - why not? It's not unusual for talented
people in sport to have bodies that can't keep up. The difference is
(and this is one of the reasons why I like and repsect Janica so much)
that she seems to find a way to work through that and win.

The rumor is that she's had help of a non-legitimate sort, both pre and
post injury.

Old January 10th 06, 05:52 PM

Marty wrote:
Seen by who?

Mary wrote:
Seen by anybody who watches the patterns. And BTW, Marty, including
context is good if you want to have a discussion.

Sorry about the context thing, I was in a hurry. Anyway, I will look
more carefully for the patterns that you have mentioned. It could very
well be true. My gut feeling is that she's the real deal. Do you have
any interviews in which her competitors bring this us? Not trying to
put you on the spot, I'd just like to read them if they are out there.

Thanks.
--
Marty

Old January 10th 06, 06:42 PM

Marty wrote:

Marty wrote:

Seen by who?

Mary wrote:

Seen by anybody who watches the patterns. And BTW, Marty, including
context is good if you want to have a discussion.

Sorry about the context thing, I was in a hurry. Anyway, I will look
more carefully for the patterns that you have mentioned. It could very
well be true. My gut feeling is that she's the real deal. Do you have
any interviews in which her competitors bring this us? Not trying to
put you on the spot, I'd just like to read them if they are out there.

On the net, you mean? The ones I know about have probably all aged out.
There was a LOT of talk in '02, and the pattern's stayed the same
since. '03 Worlds, '05 Worlds...and now...

Old January 10th 06, 07:28 PM

Yes, on the net. I guess I could try a google or two with Janica's
name. When I have more time I will do that.

Thanks for the feedback.
--
Marty

All about Scott Dick Gozinya Alpine Skiing 0 April 23rd 05 01:19 PM
SCOTT POLL UPDATE Jeff Alpine Skiing 3 February 23rd 05 12:29 PM
NEW POLL: Is Scott is an aware, decent, ethical human being? ant Alpine Skiing 67 February 21st 05 03:32 PM
Scott Abraham's opinion of the USAF... Zflyer101 Alpine Skiing 0 January 8th 05 10:37 PM