How Crowded is Park City Mountain Resort during Sundance?

Old January 8th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default How Crowded is Park City Mountain Resort during Sundance?

I inadvertently booked a ski trip to SLC during BOTH Sundance and MLK
Day weekend. My objective is to ski, not celebrity watching or crowds
of any kind. Is it madness to ski during the Festival?

My ski days are Thursday-Saturday (Jan 15-17), and I had planned to go
to Park City on Friday. (Alta Thursday, and probably Solitude Sunday.)

What you you do?
Old January 8th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Jan 8, 11:55*am, wrote:
I inadvertently booked a ski trip to SLC during BOTH Sundance and MLK
Day weekend. My objective is to ski, not celebrity watching or crowds
of any kind. Is it madness to ski during the Festival?

My ski days are Thursday-Saturday (Jan 15-17), and I had planned to go
to Park City on Friday. (Alta Thursday, and probably Solitude Sunday.)

What you you do?

Ouch. You really ought to just accept the fact that you will be
REQUIRED to rent a car and drive it to other nearby resorts. PC is
absolute INSANITY during Sundance...and really ALL the Utah resorts
are pretty packed during that weekend...So basically...it's a double
whammy of ****.
Old January 9th 09, 02:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jan 8, 2:36*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:
I inadvertently booked a ski trip to SLC during BOTH Sundance and MLK
Day weekend. My objective is to ski, not celebrity watching or crowds
of any kind. Is it madness to ski during the Festival?

My ski days are Thursday-Saturday (Jan 15-17), and I had planned to go
to Park City on Friday. (Alta Thursday, and probably Solitude Sunday.)

What you you do?

same as always - get out early, ski before the tourists arrive, take
breaks when they're too thick and ski when they break ...

that said, I'd ski Alta or Solitude each of your days and skip
Destination Resort Park City - in my opinion, the "City" in its name is
there as a warning.

Dave's right in the respect that they aren't skiers though! Even those
that are will be on the flats doing tai cheese. The "mountain" doesn't
get that crowded. I'd forget about all the non skiing activities
though. Bars, restaraunts, shopping will all be pack with rude PIB's
and poseurs.

I used to live at the top of main st. and would not even attempt to
walk down and get my mail during ff. And that was in the 80's and

Old January 11th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DZN

I've only been to Solitude once but it snowed at least 12 inches each night
yet every day it seemed like I had the whole mountain to myself. Since
there is no nightlife or anything else but skiing up that way you're
probably safe from the festival crowds.