Help! please re-seed Val di Fieme womens relay torrent

Old January 18th 06, 07:50 PM

Default Help! please re-seed Val di Fieme womens relay torrent

Hi!
There are 10 of us stuck at 80% complete trying to download this the torrent
at the Denness tracker.

http://tracker.denness.net//allowed/...a1fdd6.torrent

If you have the complete file please log back on the torrent and remember to
remove the upload/download ratio cap so your bit client doesn't shut off
before one of us can get to the 100% mark. Then we can become seeders too.

Thanx

Old January 19th 06, 01:22 AM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Hi,
I'm try to seed but since I'm at university right now there are very strict firewalls and I can only manage to upload at around 8kb/s. The server also boots me after about 1 hour of uploading. It is very frustrating to say the least. I will seed when I return home and help the community, and will seed when no one else is. I just looked at the tracker and it reports 8 seeders and 4 leechers for this race so I am happy to see that. This .torrent idea seems to be working well so far. Hopefully, it continues this way.
Cheers,
Adam
Old January 19th 06, 02:37 PM

Hmmm. I went on about the same time for a few hours and saw no one.
A question. In using Azeurus, it puts an icon in the notification
area (lower right) that appears to serve on its own even if I close
the main program. Is that correct?

Gene

--
doogiski

Old January 19th 06, 08:57 PM

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
In using Azeurus, it puts an icon in the notification
area (lower right) that appears to serve on its own even if I close
the main program. Is that correct?

Is there a check in your Tools/Interface/Close minimises to System Tray
Old January 20th 06, 09:32 PM

Is anyone out there very informed on configuring the torrent clients
for small/rare torrents like the ones we wish to share? For the
Azureus client there are some config suggestion on their webpage but it
seem like they are biased for larger share pools not for ones with
maybe 30 people in it. It seems like 15 is the max number of downloads
for the biathlon events. Since our pool is so small we need to leave
our clients running as long as possible. For those of us who have
unlimited transfer bandwidth, we should definitely leave our clients up
continuously at 9/10 of our max upload speed. You need that extra tenth
so you can surf the web with good speed as the web browser need to make
requests for pages and can't do this if the torrent client is hogging
the upload. . And we need to make sure that the share ratio is changed
from it's default of 1:0.8 (meaning for all you download, you only
upload .8 of that ie; not the full file) to something like 5:1
It's not likely that you'll share the file 5 times if others are online
too but it will keep people from getting stuck at .8 of a download.
Also the torrent clients look at your total share ratio, you can find
it under statistics. The client slows the downloads for people who
don't share much so it is really important to get your overall share
ratio to 1:1 the Olympics are coming and you'd hate to be throttled
back at that time wouldn't you?

Old January 21st 06, 08:14 AM

eteela wrote:
[...]

I have mine set to 10:1 but then it goes slowly because i have 20
torrents seeding at the same time so i maybe takes it down to 5 just
because of the upload limitation of the line i have.
5 completed uploads should be a reasonable high amount of second seeders.
But for the moment it is 10.

Ps on Azureus the setting is at
"menu" options: Queue-Seeding-First Priority
Ds
Janne G
Old January 21st 06, 12:09 PM

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:14:53 +0100, Janne G wrote:

I have mine set to 10:1 but then it goes slowly because i have 20
torrents seeding at the same time so i maybe takes it down to 5 just
because of the upload limitation of the line i have.
5 completed uploads should be a reasonable high amount of second seeders.
But for the moment it is 10.

Ps on Azureus the setting is at
"menu" options: Queue-Seeding-First Priority
Ds
Janne G

Strange, I have rarely seen more than a few peers but the fact that
Azureus shows bytes uploaded tells me that people have been able to
connect. I do limit my upload bandwidth but I have left it running for
quite some time. How else could I tell if people are able to find my bytes?

I do some digging on my own as well.

Old January 21st 06, 04:35 PM

Philip Nelson wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:14:53 +0100, Janne G wrote:

I have mine set to 10:1 but then it goes slowly because i have 20
torrents seeding at the same time so i maybe takes it down to 5 just
because of the upload limitation of the line i have.
5 completed uploads should be a reasonable high amount of second seeders.
But for the moment it is 10.

Ps on Azureus the setting is at
"menu" options: Queue-Seeding-First Priority
Ds
Janne G

Strange, I have rarely seen more than a few peers but the fact that
Azureus shows bytes uploaded tells me that people have been able to
connect. I do limit my upload bandwidth but I have left it running for
quite some time. How else could I tell if people are able to find my bytes?

I do some digging on my own as well.

The http://tracker.denness.net seams to have some problems reporting
correct amount of "seeders" i haven't seen any reported on any torrent
at all. The "leechers" field seems to work altough.
In Azureus you can doubleclick on every "seed" you have and get som
statistic up on it.

And there are some new races up on the tracker also just for information.

JAnne G
Old January 22nd 06, 03:01 PM

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:35:24 +0100, Janne G wrote:

Philip Nelson wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:14:53 +0100, Janne G wrote:

The http://tracker.denness.net seams to have some problems reporting
correct amount of "seeders" i haven't seen any reported on any torrent
at all. The "leechers" field seems to work altough.
In Azureus you can doubleclick on every "seed" you have and get som
statistic up on it.

Ah, I see, thanks! I did find I had to update my firewall because my ip
address had changed. The Tools menu has a "NAT Test" option that made that
clear.

And there are some new races up on the tracker also just for
information.

in progress ;-)