Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

Old December 4th 10, 07:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

Default Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Dec 4, 8:57*am, snoig wrote:
What makes you think that you're so special that I need to impress
you? "One without substance cannot be impressed," the joke is on you.

Actually what you were trying to say was "One without substance cannot
impress" but we will cut you some slack since you're ESL. *Let us know
when you get some substance.

Let me know when YOU get some substance. Like a pair of balls, you
dickless usenet coward.
Old December 4th 10, 11:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
snowbender wrote:

On Dec 3, 1:47 pm, snoig wrote:
No, they wouldn't. If you put a skier on skinny skies maybe. But if
you put the skier on modern big mountain powder skies like the Fat-
ypus where the skier stays on top of the snow instead of in it and the
skier skis a line similar to a big mountain snowboarder, the skier
will be faster.
No, they are not. Fat skis or not, they still have to deal with the
fact of inferior techniques "crossed tips," "forked skis," and uneven
footing, etc., etc. so they would be slower. Here's what I take as
"big mountain skiing" standard, see if you can
match,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e74qmbwBnuc

IS

"crossed tips," "forked skis," and uneven footing are not issues for
someone who knows how to ski. Like the high level big mountain skiers
we are talking about. As I said, there's nothing in your example that
most of us here didn't have mastered within a year or two of learning
how to ski.

"And no, I don't believe that you can do what I did in your first year
or two of skiing. You lie through you teeth to impress yourself."

Why is this in quotes?

BTW, your Kirkwood "big mountain skiing" video was just sad.

Seriously, you still have problems with crossing tips? Just uncross
them and keep on skiing. I can see that the level of skiing I am
talking about here just isn't even on your radar. You can't even
comprehend it with that closed mind of yours. It's no wonder you
still think snowboards are faster.

No, I don't have problem with "crossed tips"; those "crossed tips,
forked skis, and uneven footing, etc.," are inherited technique
deficiency with skis. If they are not on your radar, the deficiency of
skiing knowledge is yours.

And when I'm talking about big mountain skiing, I'm talking about the
type of skiing where it's impossible to do sideslipped 360's like you
are demonstrating. You really neet to try to expand that closed mind
of yours. Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvVIMilXmc

Yes, good skiing, but they are Flatboarding.

No, they are not. Flatboarding is something done by a beginner who
continues to imagine that fooling around doing 360's on easy runs is
somehow impressive.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old December 4th 10, 11:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 4, 4:41*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

*snowbender wrote:
On Dec 3, 1:47 pm, snoig wrote:
[...]

http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg- Hide quoted text -

Well, if it isn't Wack Job Baker. Speaking of impressive, you
promised to report me to the Seattle Police Department for making a
death threat, remember?
What happened, pppppuuuuussssssyyyy? Did you pussy out when you
realized you could be charged with a felony for lying to the cops?
What kind of pussy tries to intimidate me by lying to the cops in the
first place? One thing for su we know what kind of pussy YOU are,
ppppppuuuuussssssyyyyy. Not even man enough to come up with an excuse
for your cowardice.
WHISTLER!!!!
Old December 5th 10, 03:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 12/4/10 5:23 AM, snowbender wrote:
On Dec 3, 1:47 pm, wrote:

Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvVIMilXmc

Yes, good skiing, but they are Flatboarding.

Why do you say that? I don't see anything to support such a claim.

Now this guy is flatboarding - whoops. I mean flatlining.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tn1MV5lXyo

Old December 5th 10, 03:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 3, 1:47 pm, *wrote:
Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvVIMilXmc

Yes, good skiing, but they are Flatboarding.

Why do you say that? I don't see anything to support such a claim.

Lying Lloyd asking for ANYTHING to support a claim? Amazing how he
never asks any of his buddies to support their defamatory claims about
me with actual facts. Or his own lies. Amazing hypocrisy. Normal
for this asshole.
Old December 5th 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Dec 4, 9:47 am, downhill wrote:
snowfake wrote:

No, I have no problem with my skiing, or my knowledge, I do need them
to skiing 130+ days a year.

You are so blinded with your vision of importance that you are reduced
to being an other internet loon like Scooter.

"You lie through you teeth to impress yourself."

And you can not process what you read, show me one person who reads this
group that that thinks you are not a LOON or a joke. The only place you
have credibility is in your mind and your buddy scooter.

That will sit right next to a student that agrees with your teaching and
will admit they paid you to teach them which is another person you can
not produce.

you claim to ski 130 days plus it sure does not show

"Classic character reversal. I have put up, and it's you/gappers
cannot 'put up or shut up,'" you lying piece of ****.

snowbender
Old December 5th 10, 01:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Dec 4, 8:57 am, snoig wrote:
What makes you think that you're so special that I need to impress
you? "One without substance cannot be impressed," the joke is on you.

Actually what you were trying to say was "One without substance cannot
impress" but we will cut you some slack since you're ESL. Let us know
when you get some substance.

"You lie through you teeth to impress yourself."

It's obvious from your example of your standard of big mountain skiing
that you can't even comprehend the level of skiing we are talking
about here. Everything you post is a complete joke.

No, it is your little closed mind is a complete joke, given that
you're supposed to be an expert in English, yet, cannot comprehend
what you read.

snowbender
Old December 5th 10, 01:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Dec 3, 1:47 pm, wrote:
Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvVIMilXmc

Yes, good skiing, but they are Flatboarding.

Why do you say that? I don't see anything to support such a claim.

There are no carving turns in their skiing, aren't they? So, they are
Flatboarding, as well as "line-skiing," technical-wise.

Now this guy is flatboarding - whoops. I mean flatlining.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tn1MV5lXyo

Yup, even though they are all experts, when their skiing screwed up,
they tumble as well. The old man gravity does favor to no one.

snowbender
Old December 5th 10, 02:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Dec 5, 7:21*am, snowbender wrote:
On Dec 4, 8:57 am, snoig wrote:

What makes you think that you're so special that I need to impress
you? "One without substance cannot be impressed," the joke is on you.

Actually what you were trying to say was "One without substance cannot
impress" but we will cut you some slack since you're ESL. *Let us know
when you get some substance.

"You lie through you teeth to impress yourself."

It's obvious from your example of your standard of big mountain skiing
that you can't even comprehend the level of skiing we are talking
about here. *Everything you post is a complete joke.

No, it is your little closed mind is a complete joke, given that
you're supposed to be an expert in English, yet, cannot comprehend
what you read.

snowbender

Typical, you have lost the argument so you resort to name calling.
Old December 5th 10, 02:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 4, 10:17*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/29/10 06:29, pigo wrote:

On Nov 28, 5:41 pm, *wrote:

*Just to be clear, Alpine DOES NOT (and AFAIK never has) bill their mass
*start race as a *Chinese Downhill* - that would be offensive.

To who?

That's 'To WHOM', you insensitive clod.

Ain't watching racists be racists all kinds of fun?