Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

Old December 4th 10, 06:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Dec 2, 4:25*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 12/2/10 4:09 PM, pigo wrote:

That's what Glen Plake did. Entertaining.
But I don't now why anyone would waste powder that way.

in his hayday Plake used 230cm downhill race boards IIRC.
And Raichle FLexon boots.

There were *MEN* in those days. Previous generation (Schmidt, etc) were
supermen.

I'd like to see a feature film of modern "movie guys" skiing some of
those old boards just so we can get an authentic read on their true
skill level. I would expect it to look more or less like the equivalent
of Warren Miller's beginners getting off a chair lift.

Holy ****. Another arrogant old school asshole taking cheap shots at
better skiers. Between him and Thompson, I'm surprised there is a
lift running in the entire country, since it isn't fair if you don't
hike to ski like the old timers.
Old December 4th 10, 06:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 3, 7:06*am, snoig wrote:
On Dec 2, 5:10*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

snoig wrote:
So to take care the problems, you would take "defensive tactics" to
ensure that your tips don't cross and the inside ski doesn't get
caught on the edge, and etc., you would slow down. But boarders have
no such worries, they just blast through the powder, crud, or cement
by balancing on the moving platform, yes, they would be faster.

No, they wouldn't. *If you put a skier on skinny skies maybe. *But if
you put the skier on modern big mountain powder skies like the Fat-
ypus where the skier stays on top of the snow instead of in it and the
skier skis a line similar to a big mountain snowboarder, the skier
will be faster.

Interesting, all the energy going to argue whether snowboards are faster, with a
person who by his own videos has proven that he can hardly snowboard. If you'd
like, I've got a brick who makes more sense.

Well, that's true. He's just another internet attention whore.

And you're just another blowhard internet dickless coward spewing
****.

*And we
are just giving him the attention he craves. *How did we manage to get
two of them at a world class level in this newsgroup?

Because you are an asshole, asshole, and I just love ****ing with
assholes, asshole.
BTW, I was here before you were, asshole.

Oh well, I'm off for the rest of the year so it's time to get some
turns in.-

Go **** yourself.
Old December 4th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 3, 8:04*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 2, 5:25*pm, lal_truckee wrote:

in his hayday Plake used 230cm downhill race boards IIRC.
And Raichle FLexon boots.

I saw him off of the chair at Mammoth a couple of times. His schtick
was rather juvenile at times. But he could also dish out the turns
when he wanted.

HIS shtick is juvenile? This from the stalking coward who is bragging
about stalking me to my HIGH SCHOOL?
Holy ****. Irony meter attends my hs reunion, because I sure won't.

There were *MEN* in those days. Previous generation (Schmidt, etc) were
supermen.

Yep.

Bull****. You are not a man and neither is your dickless buddy.
You're ppppppuuuuusssssiiiiiieeeeeesssssss.

I'd like to see a feature film of modern "movie guys" skiing some of
those old boards just so we can get an authentic read on their true
skill level. I would expect it to look more or less like the equivalent
of Warren Miller's beginners getting off a chair lift.

I can't do what I used to. Those guys didn't really have the chance
since the "grew up" on auto pilot. I'm just thankful that I got to
know skiing as I did. They can't miss what they don't know.

Yeah. Crappy gear, slow lifts, wet asses and Bob Thompson. Makes you
just want to embrace the future.

Old December 4th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 3, 8:06*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 2, 5:10*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

Interesting, all the energy going to argue whether snowboards are faster, with a
person who by his own videos has proven that he can hardly snowboard. If you'd
like, I've got a brick who makes more sense.

Who can only "hardly snowboard"? All you have to do is wait 5 minutes
and you'll be an expert. Does that brick snowboard? :-)

A brick makes more sense than Bob Thompson, for damn sure.
Old December 4th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 3, 4:37*pm, pigo wrote:
On Dec 3, 4:30*pm, lal_truckee wrote:

On 12/3/10 2:45 PM, pigo wrote:

On Dec 3, 3:32 pm, *wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAcZ9L0w3aw

Couple of notes ...

There's a guy in a patrol parka about 1:50 - belies those who contest
patrollers as universally average/good skiers but not great...

Universally doesn't mean 100% to me. I even know a couple of ski
instructors that can ski. Doesn't change the stereotype though.

Sure as hell doesn't change the stereotype of an over the hill
braggart pppppuuuuusssssyyyy talking **** about what he USED to be
able to do, ppppppuuuuusssssyyyyy.

About 2:50 there's a perfect example of schussing a couloir - what
snowbender calls "straight lining" due to lack of vocabulary - and it's
not a boarder. Surprise.

When did you start paying attention to him? Or giving any credibility
to anything he says?

Irony meter straight lines Mt. Rainier. Birther Bob taking cheap
shots at ANYONE's credibility?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sometimes you gotta go straight down.

That's what you say at the tranny bar.
Old December 4th 10, 06:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 4, 5:17*am, wrote:
On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 19:15:56 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

I've had dinner with him a couple times. *He greeted me by name the
last time I saw him.

What did he call you? *"Trunky"? "Spittle"? *"Bent Mellon Head"?
"Dumbass"? *"Soup Kitchen"? *"Convicted Felon"? *"Child Molester"? *or
just, "Fatass"?

No one has ever called me those names in person.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Show up and find out. All it takes is balls,
ppppppuuuuuusssssssyyyyyyy.
Old December 4th 10, 06:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

I've had dinner with him a couple times. *He greeted me by name the
last time I saw him.

What did he call you? *"Trunky"? "Spittle"? *"Bent Mellon Head"?
"Dumbass"? *"Soup Kitchen"? *"Convicted Felon"? *"Child Molester"? *or
just, "Fatass"?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. *Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. *God bless us all.

I know a few people who know Plake. *They all say he's a real
asshole.

Used to be a real asshole, you pathetic asshole. But unlike you, he
changed and became a better man.

*So I guess it's no suprise that he's on a first name basis
with our resident asshole.-

Anytime you want to call me an asshole in person, I would be delighted
to prove it. Oooooops, forgot. You are not and never will be man
enough to do that.
I am such an asshole for pointing out the obvious.
Old December 4th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 4, 7:21*am, downhill wrote:
snowfake wrote:

What makes you think that you're so special that I need to impress
you? "One without substance cannot be impressed," the joke is on you.

You are so blinded with your vision of importance that you are reduced
to being an other internet loon like Scooter.

Holy ****. Irony meter blinds itself with its own importance. In a
thread filled with posing and prenning by Dickless Lloyed and Brain
Fried Bob, this idiot is stupid enough to write that?
What an internet loon!
Old December 4th 10, 06:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 4, 7:23*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 4, 7:36*am, snoig wrote:

I know a few people who know Plake. *They all say he's a real
asshole. *So I guess it's no suprise that he's on a first name basis
with our resident asshole.

He say's that? And you believe him?

Sure does. Irony meter believes me. Birther Bob, Swift Boat Bob,
Child Molester Bob calling ME a liar?
You gotta stop drinking your breakfast, you deranged wack job. After
all, you are the sick stalking coward who is bragging about defaming
me in emails to MY HIGH SCHOOL alumni organization.
That's desperate. That's insane. That's Brain Fried Bob.
Old December 4th 10, 07:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha[_2_]

On Dec 4, 9:47*am, downhill wrote:
snowfake wrote:

No, I have no problem with my skiing, or my knowledge, I do need them
to skiing 130+ days a year.

You are so blinded with your vision of importance that you are reduced
to being an other internet loon like Scooter.

"You lie through you teeth to impress yourself."

And you can not process what you read, show me one person who reads this
group that that thinks you are not a LOON or a joke. The only place you
have credibility is in your mind and your buddy scooter.

He's my buddy? He's got credibility with me? ****, you're a stupid
as Ichie thinks you are. I merely appreciate his ability to make you
look like a stupid idiot, and you just proved it again.