Where to go in North America (non-skier) ?

Old September 14th 03, 05:39 AM
Pobirsm

Default Where to go in North America (non-skier) ?

Squaw Valley USA has much to offer outside of skiing, although the skiing is
xlnt.
Swimming pool, indoor rock climbing wall.
Phenomenal views etc.
Plus there are shuttles that will take her and the kids to Tahoe, Reno, Truckee
etc.
Plus their are many other outstanding(if not better)resorts a few minutes away
should you desire variety.
Old September 16th 03, 08:18 AM
VIP Mountain Holidays

I work and live in Whistler and can assure you that there is a lot for
non-skiers to do here. There are plenty of spas and shops to choose from if
that is her fancy. Or she can go horseback riding, snowshoeing, eagle
watching, snowmobiling, dog sledding, sleigh rides, cross-country skiing, or
simply relax at one of the many cafe's in and around Whistler. One of the
nice things about Whistler is the fact that the village is pedestrian only
so even the non-skiers in the group get the feeling of really being away
from normal life and out in the mountains.

If you want some help with your Whistler holiday please don't hesitate to
ask. I work for a small tour operation in Whistler and we would gladly put
something together for you.

Wherever you go, I am sure that you will have fun.

Ski ya later,

Matt
www.vipmountainholidays.com

"icicle" wrote in message
m...
I'll be on vacation next March (probably west coast USA) and I want to
add a few days skiing at the end of the trip. Trouble is I'll have my
non-skiing wife with me (and early-intermediate kids) and I need some
suggestions on where is best to go. None of us have ever been skiing
in North America before.

I'm not too worried about the overall size of the resort but there
needs to be enough to keep the wife happy for two or three days. And
she doesn't drive.

Since we're flying over from UK we could consider almost anywhere
(East or West, North or South).

Thanks in advance.

James.

Old September 22nd 03, 07:32 AM
Doug Vance

Terry Morse wrote:

Whistler may suit your needs better, but it isn't really a town.
It's Intrawest's idea of a mountain village. Shops, restaurants,
hotels, condos, night clubs, all in a pedestrian-only enclave. Not
that it's a bad thing, it's just not a town.

You are describing Whistler Village which is the centre of the Resort
Municipality of Whistler. The town is much more than just Whistler
Village. BTW Whislter Village was designed and built before Intrawest even
considered investing in skiing related properties.