fresh snow

Old February 7th 05, 09:39 PM
lal_truckee

Default fresh snow

Had an inch or so here at the snow mansion so didn't expect much on the
hill; but lo, there was 5 inches added at the stake; even better wind
transport moved the fresh to the lee side and some (not to be revealed)
areas had better than a foot of nice turns top to bottom.

A little heavy so I left the pow skis in the locker and used the long
heavy GS boards to good effect.

An unanticipated treat.
All thanks be to Ullr and Skadi; may their Hall be of good cheer
tonight, and may the mead flow freely.

Old February 7th 05, 11:38 PM
yunlong

lal_truckee wrote:
Had an inch or so here at the snow mansion so didn't expect much on

the
hill; but lo, there was 5 inches added at the stake; even better wind

transport moved the fresh to the lee side and some (not to be

revealed)
areas had better than a foot of nice turns top to bottom.

There is at least 6" to 8" at Sierra-at-Tahoe east bowl, light to
medium heavy, depends on you flatboard or carve; good powder skiing,
and the untracked freshes are in the trees.

A little heavy so I left the pow skis in the locker and used
the long heavy GS boards to good effect.

Still flow on my good old 1080.

An unanticipated treat.

Yeah!

IS

Old February 8th 05, 03:01 AM
MattB

lal_truckee wrote:
Had an inch or so here at the snow mansion so didn't expect much on the
hill; but lo, there was 5 inches added at the stake; even better wind
transport moved the fresh to the lee side and some (not to be revealed)
areas had better than a foot of nice turns top to bottom.

A little heavy so I left the pow skis in the locker and used the long
heavy GS boards to good effect.

An unanticipated treat.
All thanks be to Ullr and Skadi; may their Hall be of good cheer
tonight, and may the mead flow freely.

Nice. I love those bonus days. It's the best when you just head up to
the mountain not expecting anything and it's a powder day and you didn't
even know - unless you're unprepared (which should only happen once).

It snowed a little here this afternoon - hopefully we'll see a little
more on the hill tonight. We got 1" last night.

Matt

Old February 12th 05, 03:06 AM
rosco

yunlong wrote:

There is at least 6" to 8" at Sierra-at-Tahoe east bowl, light to
medium heavy, depends on you flatboard or carve; good powder skiing,
and the untracked freshes are in the trees.

A little heavy so I left the pow skis in the locker and used
the long heavy GS boards to good effect.

Still flow on my good old 1080.

An unanticipated treat.

Yeah!

IS

All thanks be to Ullr and Skadi; may their Hall be of good
cheer tonight, and may the mead flow freely.

I think that is the nicest, most informative post I have ever read by
you, yunlong. I enjoyed reading your reply, no joke. I am glad you had
a wonderful day out there.

RAC