finding demo days?

Old December 21st 04, 03:27 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default finding demo days?

What's the best way to find demo days? Do you contact the resorts, the ski
manufacturers, or some other group? Is there a central location that lists
all the demos going on in Colorado?

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old December 21st 04, 04:01 PM
VtSkier

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
What's the best way to find demo days? Do you contact the resorts, the ski
manufacturers, or some other group? Is there a central location that lists
all the demos going on in Colorado?

You'll find some he
http://www.skibumnews.com/Vol7No3.htm
but I think you will have to go to the manufacturer's pages as they seem
to show up on weekend when there aren't other manufacturers around. Here
at Killington we have a demo center at the base of the K1 open all the
time for Rossi, Salomon, Atomic and I think Elan. Other areas may have
the same thing. Killington doesn't sell high-end skis at their own shops
so the demo center if for the benefit of shops off-mountain.

Old December 21st 04, 05:11 PM
snoig

Well, I posted twice but Google seems to have lost both posts.

Try looking at the ski area websites under events. I saw quite a few
listed but most were for tele or snowboard demos.

snoig

Old December 21st 04, 05:20 PM
VtSkier

snoig wrote:
Well, I posted twice but Google seems to have lost both posts.

Try looking at the ski area websites under events. I saw quite a few
listed but most were for tele or snowboard demos.

snoig

good advice, I forgot that one.

Old December 21st 04, 05:34 PM
VtSkier

VtSkier wrote:
snoig wrote:

Well, I posted twice but Google seems to have lost both posts.

Try looking at the ski area websites under events. I saw quite a few
listed but most were for tele or snowboard demos.

snoig

good advice, I forgot that one.

Snoig,
Why don't you try news.individual.net which is the German server that
has EVERYTHING in newsgroups, including rsam.
VtSkier

Old December 21st 04, 05:44 PM
snoig

I'll try it again. I tried it once and never got anything back from
them after I signed up. I also use Giganews but for some reason RSA
was dropped from them a couple of months ago and they never carried
RSAM.

Oh well, off to go ski now.

snoig

Old December 21st 04, 06:56 PM
VtSkier

snoig wrote:
I'll try it again. I tried it once and never got anything back from
them after I signed up. I also use Giganews but for some reason RSA
was dropped from them a couple of months ago and they never carried
RSAM.

Oh well, off to go ski now.

snoig

I've signed up twice now. Once when it was news.cis.de a few years ago
and again just recently after the name change to news.individual.net.
Both times it went through slick as anything. They do want to know who
you are and any bogus info will make things not work. My bogus email
address which you see in my posts is put in through my news reader.
Which, of late, is Mozilla Thunderbird.
VtSkier

Old December 21st 04, 09:52 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-21, snoig penned:
Well, I posted twice but Google seems to have lost both posts.

Try looking at the ski area websites under events. I saw quite a few listed
but most were for tele or snowboard demos.

After some poking around, it seems that I've already missed most of the alpine
demo days! Seems ridiculous =/

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old December 21st 04, 11:15 PM
Richard Stern

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
: ...it seems that I've already missed most of the alpine demo days!

: monique
: Longmont, CO

There are FREE Rossi demos every day of the season at Vail.

The demo hut is at the top, where chairs 4, 11 and 5 come together (right by
the top of chair 4). If you want to try other brands, there is another demo
hut up there, closer to the top of chair 5, but it's not free.

Monique, email me a valid email address, and I'll offer some other info.
I got my wife some skis a year ago, as did a buddy of mine (his wife, not
mine :-)), so we've both been through the process. Both of our wives love
their new boards, and both ski a TON better than before.

Richard Stern

Old December 22nd 04, 01:12 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-22, Richard Stern penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
: ...it seems that I've already missed most of the alpine demo days!

: monique : Longmont, CO

There are FREE Rossi demos every day of the season at Vail.

The demo hut is at the top, where chairs 4, 11 and 5 come together (right by
the top of chair 4). If you want to try other brands, there is another demo
hut up there, closer to the top of chair 5, but it's not free.

Monique, email me a valid email address, and I'll offer some other info. I
got my wife some skis a year ago, as did a buddy of mine (his wife, not mine
:-)), so we've both been through the process. Both of our wives love their
new boards, and both ski a TON better than before.

This email address is valid. It just seems to confound harvester bots =)

--
monique
Longmont, CO