Is everyone asleep?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 14th 08, 08:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki[_2_]

Default Is everyone asleep?

Ace wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:59:01 +0100, "PSmith"
paulDOTsmith_UK@tiscaliDOTcoDOTuk wrote:

Still I understand the Austrian glaciers have had a good earfly dump. How
sad: now back in UK the only current plan is Feb half term in Zermatt.
Having always driven, I am now trying to establish how easy Geneva-Zermatt
will be: wife+2 children, baggage, boots and skis. I am ready to man-handle
the bags: my concern is will there be space for it on the train! (I don't
want to waste my first ski day with getting luggage from the station etc as
a result of the luggage transfer schemes). Any ideas?

There should be plenty of space on the train, from my limited
experience. But remember that you're going to have to change trains,
probably at least twice.

When I did it a few years ago it was only 1 change and it
was just a short walk to change platforms and almost no waiting.

Getting on the train in Geneva was very easy too as the
station's right in the airport as you probably know.

The luggage transfer schemes seem to work well for most
people but I didn't bother as I only had 1 bag and rented my
skis back then. If you're getting in at a reasonable time
it's probably safe to dump the luggage in Geneva and then
look for it again in Z. in the evening, but don't sue me if
it all goes wrong